RIP - Susan Parker

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyral210

Brewing like a mad scientist
Reaction score
This morning my mother Susan Parker passed away after a long battle against cancer. She was 56. It is a lot to ask of people who you only know through brewing, but is any of you can forgo your 4th pint down the local and put that £3 towards Cancer Research UK it would make a real difference to people throughout the Uk and the world in the near and distent future. Below is a link to the Just Giving page in memory of my mum. Thank you

http://www.justgiving.com/Christopher-Parker1

Very sad to hear of your loss, the just giving page is a good idea. I've added a small donation and wish you well.

Wez

So sad to hear about the death of your mother, my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time.

A small donation also on it's way from BarnsleyBrewer

BB

Sorry to hear of your loss, the one thing in this world that is irreplaceable is you Mum.

Sorry to hear that Kryal. My thoughts are with you and your family. A very sad loss.

As you said over the weekend in the chat, she'd been battling it for a long time. It's sad that she's gone, but at least she is now at rest.

I lost my Aunt to cancer just before Christmas. I've made a small donation for them both.

Thank you all for your support and donations. I intend to do more fundraising events in the future, but will see where that goes and when they come up. Im sure it will involve me having to get very quick very fast! Once again, thank you all of you. :cheers:

bishopsfinger said:
Only just read this Kyral...
So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family. I'll be sure to support Cancer Research UK.
Dave
Thank you, it does mean a lot to me. Its still very weird, but starting to move on with life. I don't suppose we can sell beer and give all the money to charity without going through tax forms can we? If I owned a brewery im pretty sure a charity Pale Ale would do very well!

Good to read you are doing ok.
Not sure where the land lies re: selling beer for charity? I imagine it may be a tricky one due to it being alcohol, but my personal thoughts are that this would be a great idea. Something you can get stuck into and that you enjoy, and something others will enjoy donating their money in exchange for!

Unfortunately its a big no-no. The law states that we can brew for domestic consumption only.

Back