Russel Brand accused of rape.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Russel Brand hits back at the media -

Comedian and actor Russell Brand has been accused of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse during a seven-year period at the height of his fame.
The allegations were made in a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.
Four women are alleging sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013.
Brand has denied the allegations and said his relationships have been "always consensual".

Full article - Russell Brand accused of rape and sexual assault

Innocent till proven guilty but initial thoughts are that I'm not surprised.
My initial thoughts were why would someone as popular as he was at the time of these accusations need to rape i imagine women were queuing up for a night out with him as he says he was promiscuous he made no secret of that.

My initial thoughts were why would someone as popular as he was at the time of these accusations need to rape i imagine women were queuing up for a night out with him as he says he was promiscuous he made no secret of that.

I'm no expert, but rape isn't just about sexual urges or desire, its control, anger, and dominance.

I'm no expert, but rape isn't just about sexual urges or desire, its control, anger, and dominance.
The legal definition of rape in England and Wales is when someone intentionally penetrates another person's vagina, anus or mouth with their penis.
The Sexual Offences Act 2003 says that someone commits rape if all of the following happens:
  • They intentionally penetrate the vagina, anus or mouth of another person with their penis.
  • The other person does not consent to the penetration.
  • They do not reasonably believe that the other person consents.
This includes if:
  • The two people are married or in a relationship.
  • The other person consented to one type of penetration (e.g. vaginal or oral sex), but not another (e.g. anal sex).
  • Someone removes a condom without the other person’s permission – or lies about putting one on. This is commonly known as ‘stealthing’.

Here we go again what happened to innocent until found guilty?

A women's charity has ended its association with Russell Brand after he was accused of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse.
South West charity Trevi announced in 2022 it would be working with him and his Stay Free Foundation.
The allegations made against the actor and comedian relate to a seven-year period at the height of his fame.
Brand has denied the allegations and said his relationships have been "always consensual".
The allegations were made in a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.
Four women are alleging sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013.
The comedian is due to perform his live show "Bipolarisation" at Plymouth Pavilions on Friday.

Trevi - which helps women affected by violence and abuse - announced in August the Plymouth show would help raise money for its Blossom Appeal, which is aiming to raise £50,000 for the charity's new women-only accommodation in the city.
However, in a statement on social media on Saturday, Trevi said it had ended its association with Brand.
The charity said it was "deeply saddened and upset" by the stories reported in the Channel 4 Dispatches programme.
It said: "Russell became aware of our charity in 2022 after hearing about some of the incredible mothers we have helped to become drug-free over the years.
"He wanted to support our cause and raise money through his Stay Free Foundation."
It said the media revelations had been "difficult to process but our priority remains and continues to be the safety and well-being of all women and girls now and in the future".
"We have ended our association with Russell Brand and the Stay Free Foundation," the statement added.
"As a charity whose values put women's voices at the heart of what we do, we always prioritise supporting women affected by violence and abuse and empower them to live without violence and fear."

The Stay Free Foundation supports people through recovery from addiction, their mental health and the non-profit organisations that help them.
On Friday, Brand released a video in which he denied "serious criminal allegations" he said were about to be made against him.
The actor and comedian said he had received letters from a TV company and newspaper, containing "a litany" of "aggressive attacks".
In the video, posted on YouTube and X, formerly known as Twitter, Brand said: "Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute.
"These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies, and as I've written about extensively in my books I was very, very promiscuous.
"Now during that time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely, always consensual."

BBC News.

The legal definition of rape in England and Wales is when someone intentionally penetrates another person's vagina, anus or mouth with their penis.
The Sexual Offences Act 2003 says that someone commits rape if all of the following happens:
  • They intentionally penetrate the vagina, anus or mouth of another person with their penis.
  • The other person does not consent to the penetration.
  • They do not reasonably believe that the other person consents.
This includes if:
  • The two people are married or in a relationship.
  • The other person consented to one type of penetration (e.g. vaginal or oral sex), but not another (e.g. anal sex).
  • Someone removes a condom without the other person’s permission – or lies about putting one on. This is commonly known as ‘stealthing’.

Not quite sure why you quoted me with your reply?

https://www.dw.com/en/the-psychology-of-a-rapist/a-54814540

He was being lambasted on woman's hour radio 4 this morning for having relationship with a 16 year old when he was 30. Not illegal but not nice either.
I think they should stick to stuff that might actually be criminal and then it's the business of the police and not the media.

What about Elvis then surely he was totally unethical too but his career survived.
Sorry a bit off topic but Priscilla was 14 when they met.
Just to show how the power of money makes people turn the other way.
Ps I think the Media has got too much power in this day and age

I went right off Russell Brand after that creepy episode involving him and Jonathan Ross leaving offensive messages on Andrew Sach's answerphone about his granddaughter.

She is spot on the only reason the media give a toss is because its a celebrity if it had been a "normal" person it wouldn't have made the front page or prime time news.

Last edited:
As far as i know he has only been accused of one case of rape this accusation was from the time when he was at the height of his career i just dont see it, time will tell.

From experience men don't rape because they can't get sex. Just because someone is rich, famous etc doesn't mean everyone will want sex with them. It may be a case that the victim could not consent, or consenting to certain elements but not what they are accused of.

It's really not simple or sensible to apply a broad strokes "innocent until proven guilty" in cases of rape and sexual assault due to the ridiculously low conviction rates and even charging rates.

There is an enormous chance that none of this ever sees a criminal court, and only absolute wrong uns would use that fact in a vacuum to blithely dismiss the experience of the women involved.

In plain sight was the perfect tagine for Brand. He's been a fairly obvious deviant for a long, long time and the arrogance with which he excuses himself because he "told us all along" speaks to a nasty, narcissist streak that's entirely consistent with what his accusers say about him.

He's been a fairly obvious deviant for a long, long time and the arrogance with which he excuses himself because he "told us all along" speaks to a nasty, narcissist streak that's entirely consistent with what his accusers say about him.

He has been accused of being a rapist lets assume he is not guilty what did you think he was going to say in his defence?

Latest posts

Back