Sanitiser in the FV!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone AG since and have had three awesome batches.

Apologies for drifting slightly off-topic, but did you opt for an all-in-one AG solution? I'm looking to make that journey myself in the not too distant future, interested to hear from one who's been down the same road of late.

Apologies for drifting slightly off-topic, but did you opt for an all-in-one AG solution? I'm looking to make that journey myself in the not too distant future, interested to hear from one who's been down the same road of late.
Hi Muppix, I didn’t go all in one route, I’ve converted a 32l thermos cool box to a mash tun ( used design from HBF hisdudeness I think?) and went with a 35l brew kettle (from maltmiller). I’m using my old 15l pot as my HLT and I’m really pleased with the set up. I got a 3 roller mill so I’m crushing grains fresh and the difference from extract brew is noticeable. This could be in part from me understanding more wtf I’m doing but better, fresher ingredients can’t hurt. I’m using a propane burner to get the bigger kettle up to a boil so that’s a consideration too. I haven’t got an all in one so many can advise better but for me I like my diy set up and the beer is good. I’ve done a bohpils a Kölsch and NEIPA. All went well and taste good!

Amazing stuff @PaisleyExport, thanks for the additional info. I'd love to have enough confidence to go the DIY route one day but because I'm not a patient flower I think the all-in-one approach will be a better learning tool, so that I can blame any failed attempts in my own ineptitude as a brewer without dragging my engineering skills into the equation. Time will tell whether that's a sound approach.

Your setup sounds seriously cool though (I had to Google "3 roller mill" just now) and I'll be interested to hear about your future endeavours - kudos to you for taking this route!

Back