Sanitiser recomendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@foxy I thought Proxitane is another name for PAA and breaks down the same 🤔
It is same stuff, in the trade it is called proxitane. And it does burn, may not burn fingers on a toughened hand, but go for a leak with a white residue on your fingers and you will know about it.

I use supermarket home brand sanitiser from the baby aisle. It’s £1 for a litre, and I’ve done 5 brews so far, and none have spoiled. You have to rinse afterwards, and make sure you do, but for £1 a bottle it’s a no-brainer for me.

I use supermarket home brand sanitiser from the baby aisle. It’s £1 for a litre, and I’ve done 5 brews so far, and none have spoiled. You have to rinse afterwards, and make sure you do, but for £1 a bottle it’s a no-brainer for me.
For £1 you can make a bucket of starsan

I think my bottle of starsan will outlive me. I think I got a ~500ml bottle of it, as it was cheaper than the small bottle 🤷‍♂️

It was a 473ml bottle. I use it 1.5ml at a time to make a litre of sanitiser. That lasts me about 3 brews.

At 15 brews per year, this will last me 60 years! 😂

I have a pump up plant mister that I bought fro Sainsbury’s last Spring. The mechanism seems more robust than the cheaper trigger-operated misters.

Latest posts

Back