Scent Crazy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you try and avoid man-made fragrances?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
I don't understand why there aren't more body sprays/scented candles/shampoo which smell like things people like to smell: tikka masala, freshly baked bread, fried chicken, freshly mown grass, coriander, peanut butter on toast, I could go on.

From the study in the hyperlink: "The problem with fragrance products is not the scent but the properties of synthetic chemicals that they are derived from such as petroleum or coal tar." There are known toxins being used/produced and the list is long.

I started this thread because everything that can be scented gets scented. It is crazy. Wash clothes properly and there's no odor.
I wasn't aware of how bad the synthetic stuff was until I started looking into it.

I don't understand why there aren't more body sprays/scented candles/shampoo which smell like things people like to smell: tikka masala, freshly baked bread, fried chicken, freshly mown grass, coriander, peanut butter on toast, I could go on.
That would be nice but I wonder if it can be done without resorting to man made chemicals.
I would like pepperoni pizza smell.

Latest posts

Back