Scottish National Homebrew Competition 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww nice one!!!! Thank you!
I’m currently on a train so haven’t watched the live stream and I’m on my phone , so not seeing my scores yet

Poor showing for my Belgian pale and American Brown 🤷🏻🙄.. onwards to the UK National.
I'm enjoying the Belgian Pale 🍻
IMG_20240128_180659.jpg

Well done @Deadhead @pilgrimhudd & @Hazelwood Brewery , good show 👍👏

My Czech Dark Lager scored 31/50 which is more or less consistent with how it scored in the December Freestyle Competition - I think I'm fairly happy with that considering it's my first national comp and I only entered at the last minute and sent whatever I had on tap at the time!

I suspect there's some useful feedback on the score sheets, if I could only decipher their hyroglyphics! 😜😂

I suspect there's some useful feedback on the score sheets, if I could only decipher their hyroglyphics!

I wonder if you had the same judge as me - had the same one for both of my beers and they are almost completely illegible! 🙈

Fortunately, in both cases, the other judge had nice clear hand-writing so I could at least get some idea of what was said.

If you can read the email address, might be worth pinging them an email and blaming a poor quality scan.

Happy with a bronze for my Irish Red. Wasn't as good as previous attempts. My quest to get a gold for it (1 silver and 2 bronzes so far) will have to continue.

My Heller Bock actually scored higher but was on a very competitive table, so didn't make BOS. Was first attempt and got some really useful feedback.

If you can read the email address, might be worth pinging them an email and blaming a poor quality scan.

Happy with a bronze for my Irish Red. Wasn't as good as previous attempts. My quest to get a gold for it (1 silver and 2 bronzes so far) will have to continue.

My Heller Bock actually scored higher but was on a very competitive table, so didn't make BOS. Was first attempt and got some really useful feedback.

Congrats on the bronze - must have missed your name when it was announced.

This is what I'm working with on my feedback sheet, answers on the back of a postcard...

Screenshot_2024-01-28-19-26-16-21_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Just got home from the pub (again! 🤷‍♂️😂). Thanks very much for the nice comments and well done to the other placed entries. If you didn’t get placed don’t lose heart, I enter most comps and the same beer can do well or less well depending on the judges and the strength of the competition - also on the batch and conditioning time.

Genuinely cannot believe considering I only started brewing in June that I won the British brown beer category for my "Starboard Porter" in my first competition entry.

A score of 42 for my first foray into brewing dark beers.

I would never had entered if it wasn't for the encouragement of the Anglian Craft Brewers members so big thanks to them.

Had to have a celebratory one yesterday evening despite it being one of the last couple of bottles 😅
1000029258.jpg

Latest posts

Back