Self-Build Kegerator - Temp control?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have aquired the fridge (large upright, no freezer compartment), the kegs, CO2, gas and beer lines and the taps, all ready to go - just one question about temperature...

The 2-4 degrees that it runs at clearly isn't cellar temperature. Should I be thinking about something else to add to make it adjustable to something less cold?

I have an inkbird controller that the fridge plugs
into. Mine set to 9.5 degrees but you can set it to whatever temp you want.

I have an inkbird controller that the fridge plugs
into. Mine set to 9.5 degrees but you can set it to whatever temp you want.

So to reach 9.5 the fridge turns off and it'll go up to that? And if it's above it, it'll turn on and bring it down - that bit I get - it's the getting up to 9.5 that I'm pondering - no heater tube or anything like that in play?

No heater in play. Mines in my garage and I suppose it naturally warmer than 9.5 degrees. Once its cooler in there I think/hope it just wonrt turn as much.

Great question @Jonno2003 , I had been wondering the exact same thing!

I just finished off my own kegerator build yesterday. Same as others I've basically replicated the setup in my fermentation fridge with an Inkbird 308.

The temperature probe is on one of the kegs covered by a sponge and held in place with a couple of large heavy duty rubber bands.

Back