Shiftin FV then bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyCaner

Landlord.
Reaction score
Whats the minimum time it's advisable to leave FV to settle after moving before you bottle?

I only ask as last nights drunkeness prevented me moving my 2 FVs downstairs with a view to bottling today....

Cheers,

DirtyC

Im going to move my betterbrew stout downstairs now and by the time I have some bottles sterilised and rinsed Im giong to bottle it. I always do it this way and only had a problem once. That was with a Youngs lager kit which had a particularly loose sediment. All the other kits I brew seem to have a fairly tight sediment and its never an issue. Even if a bit of trub is raised and clouds the beer slightly as I bottle it always clears out nicely after a few weeks. Go for it !!

I bottle in the kitchen (use the dishwasher door as a workshelf and catch any drips) I just carry the FV from 'the den'up to the kitchen add the priming sugar, by the time I've sorted the bottles etc I just carry on and bottle :thumb:

but I've enough 'stock' these days that I can leave the new bottles for a couple of months :hmm: except for the odd tester or two ;)

Mark1964 said:
Thats weird Baz i use the dishwasher door too to put my demijohns on when im racking wine off saves a load of mess on the floor

Great minds ;) but it really is an excellent idea, decent height to work from and collects any spillage :thumb:

Thanks guys!

Pretty academic really cos one o my brews is dry hopped and it turns out that hops dont sink in FV, so the simcoe has turned out looking like scrumpy! The treacle brown fared better!

45l beer bottled, one sticky kitchen floor and one grumpy girlfriend :D

DC

Back