Shortest time for Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceejay

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is 17 days long enough to brew a rough-ish turbo cider? 7 days to ferment, rack off and prime in a keg for 10 days...

Only, I'm planning a 5 gal keg for New years which will easily be ready in 4 weeks from 7th December, but I want to make a batch for the 18th December as well as me and a couple of mates are having a get together before Christmas. :drunk:

Doable? :wha:

Hi CJ i would think that 17 days is time enough, but as u put it i think it will be on the harsh side but after the 1st drink i am sure it will start to taste better :D :cheers:

10 days should be long enough with 16 oz of sugar added to what ever juice your using and the sg will be at 1060 which should work out at about 8.7 percent if your after it been strong

Crikey! Probably not that strong - needs to be for a long session so was thinking around 6%. Maybe if I use 12oz sugar instead to lower the OG a bit...

If you use 8 oz sugar your OG should be around 10.50. Ferment till hydrometer reads 1.000 and you can calculate your abv.

= 50
divide by 7.45 = 6.7% abv :D you could start it at 1040 for weaker cider

just started another dj full and added all the ingredients apart frome the sugar i just used what sugar there was in the juice and my sg was 1050 and it came to 6.7

Latest posts

Back