Should Christmas be restricted this year? [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the rules on this christmas be reversed and only be your own household with no visitors

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Should Christmas be restricted and be limited to your household bubble only to minimise virus spread this year?

I am thinking the price of a family christmas with my family visiting whilst desirable is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
No on this one - I know how careful my family and I have been, and how my parents mental wellbeing has suffered as a result of not seeing anyone. I'm confident that we can see them safely.

No on this one - I know how careful my family and I have been, and how my parents mental wellbeing has suffered as a result of not seeing anyone. I'm confident that we can see them safely.

I can understand that and i hope it all goes well, my parents are in their 80s and we are all key workers so the risk for us visiting is just too much, with luck we will be at the top of the list for a vaccine so we should be able to visit soon.

I'll only be seeing the same as I have in the so called bubbles (parents)...we don't do parties and mass visitors etc so it won't be anything spectacular.
If anything even though we don't have any visitors or do hardly any visiting...I'd like to do none at all...make a few phone calls,drop some pressies then get home just me,the bride and the kids...the kids can enjoy their stuff,the Mrs can get some rest and chocolate and I can get bladdered...instead of the usual being ****** about from pillar to post pleasing everyone else.

Mrs can get some rest and chocolate and I can get bladdered...instead of the usual being ****** about from pillar to post pleasing everyone else.

Sounds like a good plan Clint.

That new avatar throws me every time :laugh8:

This. I’m working from home and Christmas is really the only thing I have to look forward to.

My parents are retired and have done bugger all for other than going to the supermarket and providing our informal childcare for 2 school pick ups a week.

Besides, we are back in Tier 2 so if it’s safe to see them in a cafe then surely it’s safe to see them at the dining table.

I voted No, as I think it should be up to individual families to decide based on their circumstances.

I won't be seeing my parents, or any of the Scottish side of my family, as I think the journey down or up would be a step to far in terms of risk, but we will be having my better halfs parents over for Christmas dinner.

I can understand that and i hope it all goes well, my parents are in their 80s and we are all key workers so the risk for us visiting is just too much, with luck we will be at the top of the list for a vaccine so we should be able to visit soon.
Thanks, we absolutely wouldn't go if we weren't sure we were doing it safely. It's been months since I've been in contact with anyone outside my wife and kids (other than supermarket shopping) and the same for my parents. If there's any increase in risk - for example if the kids have to self-isolate if there's an outbreak at their school - then we won't go. It'd be a massive blow to all of us but at that point the risk would become too high. I've worked in health and safety for years, I'm well versed in risk assessment and mitigation so I hope we're OK. Hope you're able to get vaccinated soon and see your people.

Hope you're able to get vaccinated soon and see your people.

Thanks, SWMBO works in a care home so i assume will be first on the list, i drive a wagon so am considered a key worker and am an old fart so should be near the top of the list, fingers crossed.

I understand why they have had to have some and I must reiterate “some” restrictions.. But at the same time I think it’s all quite bonkers that people have given up their Liberty so easily and the restrictions have been all over the place and not made a lot of sense

Personally we don’t have a massive Xmas dinner, but my kids shall definitely be visiting granny and granda on Xmas morning and no they won’t be wearing masks etc. They are too young anyways.

People should be allowed to make up their own minds as all family situations are different. Telling people they are also restricted from visiting loved ones at Xmas won’t make a difference as people shall just break the rules and you end up criminalisation what is generally a law abiding society. Anyways I voted don’t know 😂😂
Let’s just hope that by this time next year my wine tastes good- ah mean we have covid under control, no actually my wine best be aged good too.
Without lockdowns though I would never have brewed, was far to busy before. So restrict me all you like.

I voted 'Yes'
We currently have plans to see family over Christmas as per the rules but if it is changed and we lock down similar to how Germany have gone I'll be disappointed but will fully understand.
It'll be carnage in January after all the windows lickers have run amok around their relatives without thought of the potential consequences.

I voted yes but only because that’s my view. my household certainly won’t be seeing anyone. The relaxation of the rules for that period should have been announced in a different way. Ie, it’s still totally unsafe and high risk to mix with other households indoors and totally discouraged but if you really feel you need to, you won’t be arrested. My mum is going to my sister for Xmas day and Boxing Day so I don’t need to see her and double any risk. If mum wasn’t going there she would come to us.

I voted yes because this year we won't be visiting anyone and nobody is coming here. Sad times but we can visit family any time in the future.

To be honest I don't want to see people. Most people are winding me up with all this covid stuff. People don't really care and do whatever they want.

My daughters school class as to s3lf isolate for 10 days. On Saturday wife saw one patent taking their child yo the park and swimming pool, and they wonder why they have had to isolate 3 times in the last couple of months. Idiots.

Latest posts

Back