Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a Birman? We've had two... stupidest cats we've ever had...all the gear and no idea..the one we got now sits by the door to be let out,goes out...jumps onto the fence then onto the garage,down to the garden...then back in through the "hole in the wall" cat flap...to sit by the door.

49 miles with some big climb's. Got the vaccine yesterday. I was rough last night. Like a scene out of trainspotting. I did was sweating in bed.
Two of the boys I was out with set some personal Bests

Is that a Birman? We've had two... stupidest cats we've ever had...all the gear and no idea..the one we got now sits by the door to be let out,goes out...jumps onto the fence then onto the garage,down to the garden...then back in through the "hole in the wall" cat flap...to sit by the door.
No it’s a ragdoll, missus baby 🐈
We also have a Norwegian Forrest cat who’s bigger ! But the ragdoll is in charge 🙄

View attachment 33052
Here’s mine. Rose Xeon RS-3000 2015. I don’t hold with full-carbon in my kind of price point (and the way I ride!), so it’s an alloy frame, but just 7kg all in.

Haven’t been out in a month or so after thinking a 100 miler was a good idea at my current fitness🤕🤕
some pedals might help you on that 100 mile ride

Can't believe I've only just seen this thread! Love me a bit of cycling! Just to confirm no I'm not sir Wiggo, Bradley is my surname 😂
This is my pride and joy
IMG_20210429_161507.jpg

Got it back in 2013 after my first cycling trip to France. Walked straight into a bike shop and said "that one please!" Added the wheels and power meter at a later date.

My other bike, now permanently attached to the trainer, is this
IMG_20210429_161536.jpg

Pretty standard "ride to work" scheme bike. Was relegated to the winter bike when I got the Wilier. But since I moved here the winters aren't that bad (rain wise), so I just use it for indoor training or "the hamster" as the Mrs calls it!

Ok loads of bikes about so
Where do you cycle - area, chosen terrain, how far and what age.

For my part mixture of roads and cycle tracks take hills as they come, now 15 - 25 miles (used to manage 60 to 80 and the odd 130 back in the day), was 30 then now hitting 3 score and 10
Only road. At the moment I'm doing 80-100km a week with a bit on the trainer too. Pre covid/fatherhood times I was probably doing double that.
Mainly ride in central Spain (pretty flat) with the odd jaunt to the mountains down south.
Again pre covid, me and my mate's would do a week's cycling in either the Alps or Pyrenees. Really hope we can do that again soon, such great holidays!

Only road. At the moment I'm doing 80-100km a week with a bit on the trainer too. Pre covid/fatherhood times I was probably doing double that.
Mainly ride in central Spain (pretty flat) with the odd jaunt to the mountains down south.
Again pre covid, me and my mate's would do a week's cycling in either the Alps or Pyrenees. Really hope we can do that again soon, such great holidays!
Welcome aboard @BradleyW nice to see another cyclist posting some photo's, I love the Willier really nice bikes. I have ridden some in Spain, Almeria area and of course many times in Majorca which has to be one of the best places for cycling and training. Also the Alps and Pyrenees I have done many a bike ride in both areas and of course have most of the classic cols ticked off several times.

Todays ride was a more sombre 70kms in the peak District, lovely non the less despite the cold weather we are having.
On the Tarmac today, de-moted to a turbo bike when I was knocked off by a car but bought some new forks for it once the insurance had paid out on it (that took almost 2 years) and now I also use it for not fantastic weather training bike.

IMG_20210429_112935646.jpg
IMG_20210429_114717667.jpg
IMG_20210429_125419693.jpg

Welcome aboard @BradleyW nice to see another cyclist posting some photo's, I love the Willier really nice bikes. I have ridden some in Spain, Almeria area and of course many times in Majorca which has to be one of the best places for cycling and training. Also the Alps and Pyrenees I have done many a bike ride in both areas and of course have most of the classic cols ticked off several times.

Todays ride was a more sombre 70kms in the peak District, lovely non the less despite the cold weather we are having.
On the Tarmac today, de-moted to a turbo bike when I was knocked off by a car but bought some new forks for it once the insurance had paid out on it (that took almost 2 years) and now I also use it for not fantastic weather training bike.

View attachment 46150View attachment 46151View attachment 46152
Peak District you say??? I'm a Buxton lad originally! 😃😃
Some great riding round there!
What's been your favourite big mountains then?

Peak District you say??? I'm a Buxton lad originally! 😃😃
Some great riding round there!
What's been your favourite big mountains then?
I live not far from Buxton.
Well so many good mountains, the classics like the Tourmalet and the Aspin, Col de la Croix de Fer, Madelaine, Galibier. Also enjoyed some of the not so well know stuff who's names I forget. Just love riding in France and Spain wherever it is actually.

I live not far from Buxton.
Well so many good mountains, the classics like the Tourmalet and the Aspin, Col de la Croix de Fer, Madelaine, Galibier. Also enjoyed some of the not so well know stuff who's names I forget. Just love riding in France and Spain wherever it is actually.
Haven't ridden the Madelaine. But you're right sometimes the less well known climbs are more enjoyable, less cars and traffic in general. I'm probably biased but that's why I think Spain is the best for riding, much less traffic on the big climbs. If you ever get chance to visit Asturias I highly recommend Lagos de Covadonga, if you haven't already been up it that is?

Haven't ridden the Madelaine. But you're right sometimes the less well known climbs are more enjoyable, less cars and traffic in general. I'm probably biased but that's why I think Spain is the best for riding, much less traffic on the big climbs. If you ever get chance to visit Asturias I highly recommend Lagos de Covadonga, if you haven't already been up it that is?
I have not been to that part of Spain for many years and never cycling though it has been on my radar to cycle round the Picos for sometime. I have an Orbea now so just need to learn a little Spanish.

Bit of a early morning cx ride today. Cracking morning weather, forest, beach and sand dune action.

Attachments

• 20210430_110333.jpg
    20210430_110333.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210430_105916.jpg
    20210430_105916.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 55
I think that's Thor's cave in one of your shots Galena, so the photo taken near Grindon? Cycled those lanes last summer starting from a small campsite near the A52. Great lanes and wonderful scenery. Usually try for a round trip pulling in a coffee at Ilam Hall and/or a couple of pints at the Royal Oak at Whetton. Can just about still manage the climb from the Hall up to Blore. If all goes to plan heading to Hulme End campsite middle of May for a few nights.

I think that's Thor's cave in one of your shots Galena, so the photo taken near Grindon? Cycled those lanes last summer starting from a small campsite near the A52. Great lanes and wonderful scenery. Usually try for a round trip pulling in a coffee at Ilam Hall and/or a couple of pints at the Royal Oak at Whetton. Can just about still manage the climb from the Hall up to Blore. If all goes to plan heading to Hulme End campsite middle of May for a few nights.
Yep that's Thor's Cave, a pig of a climb I always think, as is that climb up to Blore. I ride through Hulme End 4 or 5 days a week I should think, it's on one of my flattest routes.

I can’t compete with any of those but I got this to get to the allotment on after we moved last year. No idea what make it is, or if it’s any good.
I need a solid back box really, but no idea how to find one.
It was second hand, but I took it to the bike shop for a service and had a more usable saddle fitted and handlebars so that I can sit more upright.
love it though, it’s trans Pennine way all the way to the lotti from my house.

Attachments

• 2E54E2B2-5CE6-43C5-AC11-42C76C67C0A6.jpeg
    2E54E2B2-5CE6-43C5-AC11-42C76C67C0A6.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back