Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
779E9FE8-902D-444A-80CC-3D4238F54057.jpeg
The summer bike - Specialized Tarmac 2016 or 17. Not many original parts left. Zipp cockpit, Ultegra mechanical 6800/8000 group set, Prime 50 black edition wheels. Few Chinese carbon bits here and there. 7.5kg as is.

The summer bike - Specialized Tarmac 2016 or 17.
Nice bike, I still ride a Tarmac SL4 though now downgraded to a 'when the weather is not quite good enough for the best bikes" bike. Also it goes on the turbo in winter.

Ok loads of bikes about so
Where do you cycle - area, chosen terrain, how far and what age.

For my part mixture of roads and cycle tracks take hills as they come, now 15 - 25 miles (used to manage 60 to 80 and the odd 130 back in the day), was 30 then now hitting 3 score and 10

50 miles planned for tomorrow morning. All roads with a load of hills. I live in Ireland, most of my routes are in Donegal. So not a flat road in sight 👍
Donegal - Rory Gallagher country. My area is the same, no flat routes at all.

Ok loads of bikes about so
Where do you cycle - area, chosen terrain, how far and what age.
Well I'm 62 now, I live and ride in the Peak District and all hilly. At the moment I am riding about 300kms a week, Saturday was 112, Sunday 80, Monday day off today 60kms. I race road bikes, age related stuff now with British masters Cycle Racing, last raced in 2019 when I won the national points series. Didn't race last year for obvious reasons. I started training hard over the winter with lots on Zwift on the Turbo and then lost my motivation due to the uncertainty and decided not to race this year so just riding for fitness and fun this year (at the moment anyway).
How many use Strava, enough for a Homebrew Strava Club maybe?

I used to, but stopped as I found I was happiest enjoying my ride and not having segments, KOMs etc in the back of my mind. I still log my rides using my watch, but don't publish them anywhere other than its native app.

I do roughly 100km a week mainly commuting, if I get off early and the weather isn't too bad i'll do 20-25 miles after work. I used to do a few sportives but after knackering my back 2 years ago and it only just getting better thats gone on the back burner. I'm on strave but i've turned off the segment notification as i'm so far behind my best times nowadays it gets depressing!! :laugh8:

I do roughly 100km a week mainly commuting, if I get off early and the weather isn't too bad i'll do 20-25 miles after work. I used to do a few sportives but after knackering my back 2 years ago and it only just getting better thats gone on the back burner. I'm on strave but i've turned off the segment notification as i'm so far behind my best times nowadays it gets depressing!! :laugh8:
:laugh8:

Where do you cycle - area, chosen terrain, how far and what age

I'm 45 and can ride a complete lap of my country in under seven hours. 😉

We've precious little flat terrain here but we do have some spectacular scenery made all the more special by very light traffic and mostly considerate road users. Most of our woodland is in the shape of government owned plantations and everyone has the right to use those for leisure, so consequently there are a huge variety of community-built MTB trails, catering for everyone from happy families to hardcore internationals. Two that come to mind are the End2End and the LDLR, while on the road you've got things like The Lighthouse Challenge.

Mostly road with some gravel thrown in. A new mountain bike this will enable more tougher train and going off the unbeaten track. Like most there are no flat roads in sight which suits me. Also in Strava but refused to pay so don't pay attention to segments seeing I can't see hardly any info without paying.

I'm 45 and can ride a complete lap of my country in under seven hours. 😉

We've precious little flat terrain here but we do have some spectacular scenery made all the more special by very light traffic and mostly considerate road users. Most of our woodland is in the shape of government owned plantations and everyone has the right to use those for leisure, so consequently there are a huge variety of community-built MTB trails, catering for everyone from happy families to hardcore internationals. Two that come to mind are the End2End and the LDLR, while on the road you've got things like The Lighthouse Challenge.
Good Stuff, guessing you know a few motorcyclists I’m sure a few cycle too ! I’m sure there’s a few can do under 20 minutes though 🙄

Good Stuff, guessing you know a few motorcyclists I’m sure a few cycle too ! I’m sure there’s a few can do under 20 minutes though

There's surprisingly few local motorcyclists (compared to, say, mountain bikers / kayakers / cyclists / etc) but for some reason our spare room is very much in demand from my two-wheeled friends every summer. 😉

There's surprisingly few local motorcyclists (compared to, say, mountain bikers / kayakers / cyclists / etc) but for some reason our spare room is very much in demand from my two-wheeled friends every summer. 😉
Guess it’s gonna be quiet again this summer though. I do know a few live over due to tax reasons, oh and it is a beautiful place 😉

Back