Small (30ltr) fermentation fridge advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozgriff

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to find a small fridge to house a 30ltr fermentation container but not really having much luck.

I live in a small flat and don't have the space for a typical under-the-counter fridge.

I've seen a few that I thought may be suitable but they seem to have small freezer boxes inside that would take over space.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FLTE8OE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1/276-7044104-5387621?qid=1429172957&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Any help / advice would be fantastic.

Regards
Lozza

dont try to fit a fridge to your FV, get a fridge that you can house and then look at fermentors that can fit inside, fermentors are cheap compared to fridges..

fwiw i built my brewfridge and then discovered my brewbuckets wouldnt fit inside DUM!!! So now i ferment in 20l(23l) and 25l(28l actual capacity) jerrycans ;) polypins are nice and square, and you can even buy big foodsafe plastic bags you can support in any old container to brew in..

where there is a will there is a way....:cheers:

If you don't care about what people think. Go to your store currys ect, take the fermenter with you. Find ones that suit and pop it in and try out before you buy.

What fermenting vessel have you got? More to the point, what is it you want to brew? Can your brews be split up into smaller quantities? For example whilst not ideal a beer kit brew split down into 1 gallon batches could be put in a few demijohns then spread around your home, few in the airing cupboard, few in the warmer rooms of your home etc. Then finally bottled off.

If you went this route, whilst not ideal, it might be easier to fit in with life in a small space.

Thank you for the advice.

I stumbled upon this yesterday..... http://www.brewjacket.com/

I'm going to have a go at making my own.
It's basically a heatsink on top of a peltier chip that has a rod in the fermenting wort.

The Brew jacket would cost £260 to buy and ship, but I'm sure a Diy version is possible on the cheap.

Back