So what else do home brewers do?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm into old school Nintendo. I have a Wii in my bedroom so I can play Mario, Kirby and all the classics.

I'm also getting into archery. Specifically long bows. Saw a documented a few months back about a British Long Bow club and I had to give it a try. So far so good. Well I'm not good, but I'm enjoying it.

Long bow? I got a lot of my kit for free from a chap who had given up home brew and his new passion was... long bows! Showed me one he had made himself from scratch - very impressive! His new hobby...

I make Jewellery.

pearlargentamethystrings.jpg

Cardinal Treasure

I am on face book or find me under google with the same name.

:hat:

I keep bees, make mead, run a bee site, make bread and jellies and chutney and cook Indian from scratch. :)

www.poly-hive.co.uk over 10,000 subbed to the site and over a million hits a year, which is of course nothing in FB terms but for a hobby site I think not to dusty.

PH

Making beer is a very wholesome thing to do and I love doing and drinking it .. the down side is that it tends to make you a bit chubby .. to counteract this I do lots of cycling, running and orienteering, all of which are also very wholesome. Composting garden and kitchen waste is also very satisfying, similarly DIY tasks of all kinds .. car, bikes, house, garden etc. As a retired IT person I can't resist keeping my hand-in by exploring aspects of interest I did'nt quite reach during my working career. The list is really never ending ...

I restore classic bikes.

1983 Kawasaki Z1000 ELR
P1070436_zps23b15ba0.jpg

1981 Suzuki GSX1100
DSCF3675_zps11159849.jpg

1976 S+S Silver Saxon turbo (this one's a keeper)
P1070483_zpsc21d4a7c.jpg

P1070444_zpscad094c6.jpg

1986 Honda VFR500F2 (this winters project)
20140701_181314_zps7be4e288.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice bikes Will, i was never into the race bike look, i had several bikes, this was my favourite.

Honda XL 500R

Honda%20XL500R%2082.jpg

I play airsoft and also work as a marshal when not playing. Just also started metal detecting, great for just getting away from everything and having a bit of peace n quiet.

For me in my spare time when not working I am a 4x4 community first responder

Motorbikes (gs Dakar) and trout fishing in the highlands, often together. Just finishing building a house on Skye after retiring from West Yorks fire service in March. Looking forward to growing veg, fishing and brewing more beer. I can't believe how beer kits have improved since my last brewing exploits in the eighties...
Fab bike pics fellas, brings a tear to my fifty odd year old eye !

Yep, four years in agriculture after leaving school in 77, then 7 years as a staff nurse in a psychiatric hospital followed by 25 years in the fire service so I reckon I've made my contribution... Pension contributions of 14% of my salary allow retirement , probably just in time given the current political climate in the fire service and most other public sector jobs! but I guess we could start a whole new thread on that one .....:-o

We sure could, enjoy your home brew and retirement looks like you've earned it. :thumb:

I like to mess with my raspberry pi. I've got retropie running on one- full of arcade games and he's and she's games as well as programming stuff for Halloween and Christmas. I also play electric guitar.

Long bow? I got a lot of my kit for free from a chap who had given up home brew and his new passion was... long bows! Showed me one he had made himself from scratch - very impressive! His new hobby...

We have a tree down here called osage and we can make longbows out of it. I'm going to give it a try this winter when it cools down a bit more. It's 32 in October. To dang hot.

I play airsoft and also work as a marshal when not playing. Just also started metal detecting, great for just getting away from everything and having a bit of peace n quiet.

I've done both. I love airsoft, used to be an admin of an airsoft site, and I just recently got a metal detector from a garage sale this weekend. My buddy "treasure hunts" and I wanted to tag along.

I like to mess with my raspberry pi. I've got retropie running on one- full of arcade games and he's and she's games as well as programming stuff for Halloween and Christmas. I also play electric guitar.

I've been told so many great things about the Raspberry Pi. Do you have the it an old upright box for the arcade games? I saw a build where a guy did that not to long ago. Very cool.

Programmer by day (and generally night!)

Funnily enough I got into brewing via breadmaking. I always thought of homebrew as students making unpalatable brews to get drunk on the cheap - but when I was looking at bread yeasts on Ebay it came up with a homebrew starter kit with Woodfordes kit, and after googling the reviews thought I'd give it a try (and put the kit back on Ebay minus the kit if it didn't work out - suffice to say a year on and many, many kits brewed!)

I also play the guitar !! We need drummers and bass players and we could have a home brew band here!!!!!

Also have a allotment that I don't get chance to go to!!!
If you can play guitar you can play bass. So, any drummers? I also play guitar (don't 't own a bass) and sing and have been known to get a riff or two from the harmonica. So where are all you skin slappers?

Surprised to find so many people here that have similar interests really.

I like my.. cycling, making music (on the computer), audio engineering, riding/fixing my motorbike, breadmaking, soapmaking, airgun shooting, fishing, camping, computer games, programming, web design, automation, and cooking hot curries from scratch.

Some of my music is up on here if anyone wants an earfull :smile: - https://soundcloud.com/subverb

Latest posts

Back