Spring thing - brilliant!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dennisking said:
Really hope for another one next year but if all the people who are now saying they will come we might need a bigger camping area. Mind you I was more cozy in the car, how many brewers have spent the night cuddling a sack of maris otter.
Who needs to cuddle Maris Otter when you can sleep with Unclefumble...Lol

UP, top guy, took me in during my hour of need and stole my cherry :D

borischarlton said:
I tried your 2nd places lager, it was brilliant!
Cheers Rob, I was aiming for something like Prima Pils from Victory. I was pretty happy with it, but I did think it was still just a bit young and overly hoppy. Could have really used another week or two's lagering but I didn't have that luxury. I can't feel to hard-done-by tho, coming second to Aleman (should be Lagerman). I would have loved to try his.

lancsSteve said:
Liked the IPA too but others got to the angry yank first - so still never tried it as missed it at national, at wetherspoons and now at this - curses!
Cheers Steve, really glad you liked my IPA. It goes down well with a curry but I try stay off it as it's a bit strong to quaff too many pints of. The Angry Yank was a bit of a disappointment for me, it was a rush job and didn't have enough time to condition and show well. I made it to a lower OG to try and get it done quicker, but I guess I should have learned by now that you can't rush a good beer.

Really wish I could have been there, as more stories emerge I'm coming to realise more and more what a cool event I missed. I must still get my judging sheets and rosette from Swazi, he brought them back down South for me. He even called me on the day and told me my results, what a guy!

Bosium said:
Really wish I could have been there, as more stories emerge I'm coming to realise more and more what a cool event I missed. I must still get my judging sheets and rosette from Swazi, he brought them back down South for me. He even called me on the day and told me my results, what a guy!

We also tweeted the results straight after the comp - @thbforum :thumb:

Well I took the Zebra tent back to Tescos and got a refund. When she asked me why I was returning I told her it was ****. Will sort out better accomodation for next year.

dennisking said:
Well I took the Zebra tent back to Tescos and got a refund. When she asked me why I was returning I told her it was ****. Will sort out better accomodation for next year.

With soundproofing :cheers:

Glad to hear you got a refund :thumb:

Look forward to next year then - will be a certain for next year :thumb: Wedding plans, stag and hen weekends have been all go the last month................. but next year i`ll be married and there will be no exscuses :lol:

31bb3 said:
Im beginning to think we need a bigger venue :wha:
Shame that cos church end brewery was great

We should be OK, just might have to extend camping into one of he fields, was talking to one of the guys at the brewery about that on Sat :cool:

Wez said:
31bb3 said:
Im beginning to think we need a bigger venue :wha:
Shame that cos church end brewery was great

We should be OK, just might have to extend camping into one of he fields, was talking to one of the guys at the brewery about that on Sat :cool:

Just don't go as far as the tree :whistle:

Latest posts

Back