Storm Ciaran

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just been reading the update on it, it is now at 950mb of pressure which is uncharted for us it is cat 3 if you believe the blurb. My is over reactive reporting we didn't even get a whiff of babet round here

Hope not, forcast is bad for south coast

Not looking good here.
Some houses on our street flooded a few weeks ago when we had the last storm all the street drains blocked causing water to enter the houses as it had no where else to go, i hope the council did clear them out as they said they were going to.

1698774352820.png

Last edited:
We get at least one or two 75-80mph storms each winter. Doesn't even get any newspace,, Maximum was over 100 mph recorded on our NATS radar some years ago.
Lost two roofs on the restaurant in 17 years.

A couple of years back my van got blown into our wall,,, guess who hadn't put the hand brake onaheadbutt

Happily no brews have been damaged in 17 years up here :roll:

I have rigged up my e-bike on a stand to a belt on a vacuum pump in my beer shed. The throttle has been unlocked and is linked to an anemometer. so when the wind threatens to lift the roof the vacuum pump sucks it back on. 😁
I am honestly totally gob smacked with this,,,,,,,,athumb..clapa Who says British ingenuity is gone..:laugh8:
Our last lost roof must have weighed over a tonne,,,, think I may need more than an e'bike.
Last time several steel storage containers were blown over. Crofters, corrugated sheets and beach debris are life threatening,,,

What for a storm that will 48 hours at most jeez the mind boggles

It seems to be the way we do things now any problem on the horizon and we empty the supermarket shelves, i wonder if hand sanitiser, bog roll and pasta were the first things to go again. :D

Link added to post #11

We are in the eye at the moment, pressure is 95 something, the lowest I've seen it. The rain was torrential earlier. Absolutely not a breath of wind at the moment.

Latest posts

Back