Stout from the keezer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintingken

Reaction score
I'm making a stout ready for christmas and will be putting it in my keezer. I will be carbonating with CO2 as I can't quite stretch to more gear like nitrogen.

I have 3 taps and serve at 10 PSI so I guess I can't carbonate it any lower. Does anyone have any advice/ trick that I may be missing? It will be 5 degrees. (I know it should be warmer but hey ho)

I bought a stout tap fixing in advance and then read that it's for nitrogen. Should I just swerve using that?

Thanks

Can you disconnect the gas on the other taps, carbonate to like 5psi for the stout. Then reconnect the others. Then just top the stout up for serving? Bit of a pain but worth doing if you can be bothered.
The stout tap will just give you loads of foam with just CO2 so I wouldn't bother for now.

I have 2 inline regulators so that is an option, thanks.
Would serving at 5psi be enough? I guess I will find out.

Can you disconnect the gas on the other taps, carbonate to like 5psi for the stout. Then reconnect the others. Then just top the stout up for serving? Bit of a pain but worth doing if you can be bothered.
The stout tap will just give you loads of foam with just CO2 so I wouldn't bother for now.

Latest posts

Back