Strange facts.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was listening to 5 live today and a guy said in the Beatles song below Ride is a place, i didn't know that.

Here is one i did know - (i haven't a clue why) :laugh8:
There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.

Last edited:
John 'o' groats is NOT the most northerly part of the uk mainland.

Duncansby head & Dunnet head both have a particular claim depending of whether you want the furthest point from lands end or most northerly.

Been to all 3 earlier this year 🙂

Scottish regional airline Loganair operates the shortest commercial flight in the world between the islands Westray and Papa Westray, a distance of 1.7 miles which is scheduled for 90 seconds.

Salt water Crocodiles are the oldest inhabitants of the planet, their bite is the strongest of any land based creature, they cannot devour prey underwater. If you are ever in a position of getting rid of a body, don't feed it to the pigs, give it to a crocodile.

Scottish regional airline Loganair operates the shortest commercial flight in the world between the islands Westray and Papa Westray, a distance of 1.7 miles which is scheduled for 90 seconds.
I had to look that one up - that is bizarre.

1683804664102.png

Named after Ryde in the Isle of Wight.
Paul's aunt had a pub there and they'd hitch hike to visit her, so the story goes.
Talking of pubs and that group I was told that the song Nowhere Man was about going to a pub on a Sunday afternoon when pubs used to shut. The pub was by Chester...the code name..Nowhere. So...it .use have gone something like...
"Where are you going?".
"...Nowhere."
Sounds completely true.

Talking of pubs and that group I was told that the song Nowhere Man was about going to a pub on a Sunday afternoon when pubs used to shut. The pub was by Chester...the code name..Nowhere. So...it .use have gone something like...
"Where are you going?".
"...Nowhere."
Sounds completely true.

That reminds me of drinking back in the day when hours were much shorter, we used to start at 6pm in a small pub in town we had a secret knock which magically opened the back door ;)
The same back door was used as an exit after time when many pubs had an illegal lock in.

I really must pay more attention to what brewing ingredients I have in stock.
I've just been to the supermarket and had to jiggle stuff round my food freezer to fit stuff in.
In the bottom drawer I found approx 1kg of hops...cascade,citra,chinook,amarillo,magnum....

Latest posts

Back