Strawberry rose recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinson1

Reaction score
Just watched a video where they made their wine from basic ingredients rather than buying a kit! Has anyone got a strawberry rose wine recipe i can follow and try out? Also if anyone has tried it what was it like? Sweet? Dry? Ect....? Thanks ryan

If you make wine from supermarket juice and let it ferment to 990 it will always be dry, you then have the option to back sweeten to whatever you like.

If you follow the basic recipe below you will end up with a wine around 13%

1] 1 litre of juice you want the finished wine to taste of. (make sure there are no preservatives)

2] 1 litre of either white grape juice or red grape juice.

3] 1 tsp wine yeast

4] 1 tsp nutrient

5] 1 tsp pectolace

6] powdered Tannin or a mug of strong black tea (4 bags) stirred occasionally over a 10 minute period.

7] 1 tsp Glycerine.

8] 800g sugar.

So how do I make a strawberry and raspberry rose? 500ml or strawberry juice 500ml or raspberry juice? In order for it to be rose do I have to use 500ml WGJ and 500ml of RGJ? Or just use 1ktr of WGJ? Thanks

I think if you follow Blue Moon's suggested recipe (or search for the original WOW recipe here) and use 1l WGJ and 1l Strawberry Juice, it will end up Rose in colour.
I, however, would be tempted just to boil 1KG of Strawberries in 1l of water (you will need a bit more than 1l to allow for liquid loss) with 200g granulated sugar.

I have done this with frozen mixed berries recently.

So how do I make a strawberry and raspberry rose? 500ml or strawberry juice 500ml or raspberry juice? In order for it to be rose do I have to use 500ml WGJ and 500ml of RGJ? Or just use 1ktr of WGJ? Thanks

To be honest I would try one litre of either white grape juice or red grape juice and one litre of 100% apple juice, if you can get it try apple and raspberry instead of plain apple, give this a try to the recipe above and see how it turns out then you have something to compare you own recipes to.

I forgot to add you need 800g sugar as well, I will edit the recipe.

If you make wine from supermarket juice and let it ferment to 990 it will always be dry, you then have the option to back sweeten to whatever you like.

If you follow the basic recipe below you will end up with a wine around 13%

1] 1 litre of juice you want the finished wine to taste of. (make sure there are no preservatives)

2] 1 litre of either white grape juice or red grape juice.

3] 1 tsp wine yeast

4] 1 tsp nutrient

5] 1 tsp pectolace

6] powdered Tannin or a mug of strong black tea (4 bags) stirred occasionally over a 10 minute period.

7] 1 tsp Glycerine.

8] 800g sugar.

Is 'tsp' tablespoon or teaspoon? Thanks

im in the middle of experimenting a sweet strawberry at the minute.

i made a simple white whine:

1l white grape
1l apple juice
mug of tea for tannin
tsp glycerin
youngs super wine yeast
yeast nutrient
800g white sugar

(this is the easiest white wine and comes out pretty good, should be the first home made wine you make to get the hang of it)

fermented it right the way out for 2 weeks, then racked it off into a clean demijohn with a crushed camden tablet and some wine stabilizer. I then put the this demijohn into the garage for a month to clear. (lost about half a litre due to the sediment at the bottom)

after a month the wine was clear and again the yeast dropped to the bottom of the DJ. I got another clean DJ and added half a litre of strawberry ribena. I then racked the white wine on top of this and it is in the garage again maturing for a couple of weeks until i bottle it.

I am expecting a sweet fruity wine, quite similair to a desert wine, around 10%.

Will let you know how it comes out.

Ive made wine before where i used 1 litre white grape juice and 1 litre strawberry ribena but because it all ferments out you cant really tell that there is strawberry in the wine. Its nice enough but if you want the strawberry flavour to come through this wont do the job. So by adding the strawberry element after the fermention has done, i am hoping the strawberry flavours will remain in there.

Ive made wine before where i used 1 litre white grape juice and 1 litre strawberry ribena but because it all ferments out you cant really tell that there is strawberry in the wine

You can also run into problems because one of Ribenas ingredients is a preservative which slowly kill the yeast, some say boiling gets rid of it, i am not convinced.

You can also run into problems because one of Ribenas ingredients is a preservative which slowly kill the yeast, some say boiling gets rid of it, i am not convinced.

defo does if you have it boiling for about 10 minutes. not just on the heat, but actually bubbling

defo does if you have it boiling for about 10 minutes. not just on the heat, but actually bubbling

I boiled it for 15 minutes as the youtube video suggested (cannot remember the name of the guy who made it) and at first it all seemed to go well, after a couple of weeks the bubbling had slowed to a near standstill, a week later i took a reading and it was still 1020, two weeks later 1010 and that's where it stopped.

Someone once said when it comes to Ribena and wine making the best place for it is on the supermarket shelf, i tend to agree.

I've got a strawberry wine on at the moment. I used
1ltr Tesco fresh red grape juice not from concentrate
2 tins of princess strawberries-blended
700g sugar
1tsp pectalose
1tsp Wilko wine yeast
1tsp yeast nutrient
Topped up with water

It's been fermenting since Friday last week, and it's still going strong. Will let you know how it turns out.

I've made a few tinned fruit wines pretty much to the same recipe and they've been great. I liked the strawberry so much that I am currently doing a 15l batch :)

I've made a few tinned fruit wines pretty much to the same recipe and they've been great. I liked the strawberry so much that I am currently doing a 15l batch :)

What was the recipe you used for that mate? Cheers

Latest posts

Back