Strong Strawberry and Kiwi Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you try this recipe?

• Yeah i'll try it

• Maybe, i'm not sure

• No i won't

• I'll try it but maybe change some parts.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Peapodmaster

Regular.
Reaction score
So basically yesterday i went down to Lidl's to get some apple juice for my little brother (he can't get enough of that stuff!) and when i woke up this morning and came online i thought about making some turbo cider because my young's brewbuddy kit doesn't seem to be doing too well, so i got out my 5 litre foodgrade youngs bucket and started to make a new type of turbo cider.

Ingredients
4 litres of Apple juice

(doesn't matter what type it is but the higher sugar ones are better)
Sugar (depending on what strength you want it i had to add about 150 grams to get it to 1.055 S.G.)
Yeast (high alcohol ones work just as well as normal ones but i've used a high alcohol/desert yeast from young's this time)
Robinsons Strawberry and Kiwi concentrate (depending on how strong you want it i used 500ml)

Equipment
Stiring spoon
Hydrometer
5 Litre Fermentation vessal (A 1 gallon demijohn will do or a "food grade bucket" with a lid)
Airlock (optional)

First i streilized my stiring spoon, hydrometer and my 5 Litre fermentation vessal (FV) once streilized and washed through with water i put in my 4 litres of apple juice straight into the FV. i then added my sugar and checked my Specific Gravity using my hydrometer it came to 1.50 so i added some more sugar and it pushed up to 1.55 i thought that would be enough, if bottled at 1.000 it will come out as 7.22% which is my ideal strength. i then sprinkled on about a third (2g) of my yeast sachet (5g) and i have put it in my boiler cuboard and i'm going to see how it turns out.

Cheers :drink:

Andy

Sounds like it could be an interesting brew, Keep us posted on the final taste :cheers:

Needless to say if its a good brew ill try it :thumb:

Well it's smelling handsome to say the least. I'm looking very forward to it. have you got any ideas in which i should start? Turbos or not

cheers

Andy

Peapodmaster said:
Well it's smelling handsome to say the least. I'm looking very forward to it. have you got any ideas in which i should start? Turbos or not

cheers

Andy

I'll add that to the TO DO list then :thumb: :lol:

No I dont sorry, I'm still a newb born into the vast world of homebrew :D

Latest posts

Back