Stupid Question!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone can top this, I'll be impressed. I never got around to asking how to use an auto-siphon.
On my first or second brew, I transferred beer to a secondary (when I did transfer to a secondary) with an auto-siphon
1636824860040.png

by using it like a bicycle pump (up, down, up, down, etc.) the whole time so it didn't get used as a siphon in any way. Five gallons of fermented beer oxygenated to high-heaven. I thought at the time, "These auto-siphons aren't very useful for transferring from one vessel to another."

If anyone can top this, I'll be impressed. I never got around to asking how to use an auto-siphon.
On my first or second brew, I transferred beer to a secondary (when I did transfer to a secondary) with an auto-siphon
View attachment 57545
by using it like a bicycle pump (up, down, up, down, etc.) the whole time so it didn't get used as a siphon in any way. Five gallons of fermented beer oxygenated to high-heaven. I thought at the time, "These auto-siphons aren't very useful for transferring from one vessel to another."
Good job you realised as you could now have been walking round with one over developed arm...

Back