Stupid Question!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone can top this, I'll be impressed. I never got around to asking how to use an auto-siphon.
On my first or second brew, I transferred beer to a secondary (when I did transfer to a secondary) with an auto-siphon
1636824860040.png

by using it like a bicycle pump (up, down, up, down, etc.) the whole time so it didn't get used as a siphon in any way. Five gallons of fermented beer oxygenated to high-heaven. I thought at the time, "These auto-siphons aren't very useful for transferring from one vessel to another."

If anyone can top this, I'll be impressed. I never got around to asking how to use an auto-siphon.
On my first or second brew, I transferred beer to a secondary (when I did transfer to a secondary) with an auto-siphon
View attachment 57545
by using it like a bicycle pump (up, down, up, down, etc.) the whole time so it didn't get used as a siphon in any way. Five gallons of fermented beer oxygenated to high-heaven. I thought at the time, "These auto-siphons aren't very useful for transferring from one vessel to another."
Good job you realised as you could now have been walking round with one over developed arm...

Latest posts

Back