Suggestions for an extract brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnie

Reaction score
My new boiler had it's first outting last weekend with an extract IPA. I'm planning another one for this Sunday, (and maybe another one or two before going AG. ) Anyone got any good extract recipes? I've picked up a copy of the Graham Wheeler book and I've heard The Timothy Taylor Landlord is quite tasty.

Just had a look at the forum recipes. When it says malt extract light 3000g and malt extract spraymalt 500g, does this mean you use 2 x 1.5kg tins of liquid malt and 500g of dried malt. I'm still confused with dried malt and spraymalt. Are they the same thing?

there is a slight difference in amounts one is stronger but yes there the same thing both malts ,dried just been in a kiln .

dried is spray malt its full name is spray dried malt extract and i think liquid is slightly stronger but not by much i think 900g of liquid is about same as 1000g of dried but not too sure on this amounts

Liquid Malt extract (LME in the cans) has about 20% water and therefore does not contain the same amount of fermentables as dried (DME).

IIRC 1kilo of LME is equivalent to about 800 grams DME.

Latest posts

Back