Surrey Homebrew Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at renting a small workshop to tinker with bikes and brew in. Coming up with loads big enough for a couple of cars / breweries but a bit big (and expensive) for me. If anyone is tempted to split the cost to have some workshop space, please PM me. Talking in the ballpark of �£75-100pp a month for a decent size space.

where are you looking at?

I'm looking at anything within a 20min ish drive from Kingston.

Similarly, if anyone has / knows of space available to let, please shoot me a line as I'm interested.

As an ex-Surrey dweller, I used to find very cheap spaces on farms. Most will either let out units as a revenue stream or will be willing to listen to offers. Because of the amount of unused outbuildings on farms coupled with a growing number of serviced offices in the region, and because they're typically off the beaten track, there are some real bargains to be had.

I once had a three bedroom bungalow that couldn't be lived in as it had been redesignated as commercial for around £150 per month, power and water included. My mate ended up with a huge canteen that used to serve a small industrial estate for less than that!

As long as you don't look like trouble, some rural places like to have people coming and going as it adds to security. Just be friendly, go asking around and doors open!

hey, did the home brewing club ever get up and running? I am interested, live in Caterham, a stones throw away from the radius arms

Don't believe so, people (me included, so no criticism) are disinclined to get involved in running things these days. Shifting work/life balance and all that. I'm in Carshalton and visit the Radius Arms about once a month on a Saturday before a Whyteleafe game. Great place.

Don't believe so, people (me included, so no criticism) are disinclined to get involved in running things these days. Shifting work/life balance and all that. I'm in Carshalton and visit the Radius Arms about once a month on a Saturday before a Whyteleafe game. Great place.
Another Carshalton dweller! I'm a regular at the Hope and just starting to get back into brewing after a good 25 years out from extract brewing. Will likely not get going until early next year but keen to do all-grain.

A few of us in LAB are in the South Croydon/East Surrey area.

Love the Radius, spent a fair bit of time there as have lived in Whyteleafe, Caterham, and Warlingham in the last few years.

In Horley now but would be happy to travel if something is sorted.

A few of us in LAB are in the South Croydon/East Surrey area.

Love the Radius, spent a fair bit of time there as have lived in Whyteleafe, Caterham, and Warlingham in the last few years.

In Horley now but would be happy to travel if something is sorted.
Perhaps a trip to the radius or the hope would be a good starting point. Couple of beers and a chat.

Last edited:
Can see a number of folks around Croydon/Kingston in here. There is a Homebrew club at Waterintobeer in Brockley on first Sunday of each month at 2pm. Very chilled out and (probably) a lot of your local Home Brew Store since the place in Carshalton closed.

https://g.co/kgs/N5cyQg

Can see a number of folks around Croydon/Kingston in here. There is a Homebrew club at Waterintobeer in Brockley on first Sunday of each month at 2pm. Very chilled out and (probably) a lot of your local Home Brew Store since the place in Carshalton closed.

https://g.co/kgs/N5cyQg
Cheers...

I had no idea this place existed. It's half an hour on the train for me. Will be using the shop for my essentials from now on at least.

Back