Swing top bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete, Senfe (mustard) sauce over a vienna schnitzel with chips in the Zum Taller washed down with several pints of Schwarzbier.
God I miss it!!!
we stay in the hotel opposite the mustard factory and walk in past the Baroque house

I much prefer clear, you can marvel at the clarity of your beer and maximise pouring before avoiding any sediment.

I store them in the cardboard box they came in out of the light.
Also makes bottling easier as you can see the level as it fills.

2lt plastic pop bottles are my favourite.
😁

The brown glass bottles I stick a magnetic LED torch to the fridge behind them so I can see.

Bit awkward out of the 23ltr bucket with the bottling wand though.

I missed out on 32 Grolsch bottles in 2 crates on eBay today. My meeting ran over and they were snapped up for £10.50, duh!!!
They were in a lovely remote area about 1.5 hours away but we had decided we’d make a day out of it with a walk and a picnic. I’ll keep watching out as I do like the swing tops.

It's something to do with the way light reacts with the glass - even flourescent (strip) lights can affect it.
I'm no scientist, but I read quite a detailed article on it a few years ago, and it slated green glass.
I'll see if I can find it, but don't hold your breath!
(Why is it that not many breweries use green?)
I keep all of mine in boxes to exclude light anyway...

Latest posts

Back