Tea wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinysmall

Reaction score
Decided to have a go at a recipe I recall from the back of my mums old cook book, alas couldn’t find the book but found something similar on YouTube. 4 teabags, 2 lemons 700g sugar and part of a Gervin yeast sachet, into a gallon demijohn. It’s started gently bubbling this morning.
First non kit experimental brew.

Last edited:
My auntie used to make absolutely fantastic tea wine - tasted just like sherry. I think it was basically the same recipe as yours but with some raisins as well. Unfortunately whenever we've tried making it in the past it always turned out tasting like dishwater...

My auntie used to make absolutely fantastic tea wine - tasted just like sherry. I think it was basically the same recipe as yours but with some raisins as well. Unfortunately whenever we've tried making it in the past it always turned out tasting like dishwater...
I put sultanas in mine, I had a quick taster last night when I bottled it. It didn’t taste too bad, although it was very dry.

I've made a few fruit teabag wines a while ago now and turned out nice but used 1ltr of wgj as the base and around 10 fruit bags for flavouring. I think your recipe will be seriously lacking in taste but will be interesting to find out.

Well done on trying experimental brews :hat:
I think a lot of the wartime recipes had dried fruit in them and people were fermenting anything they could get their hands on!
Shouldn't be lacking in tannin though. athumb..

Latest posts

Back