Tell us about your regular/house brews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 47834

Regular.
Reaction score
Mine are:
  • Cascade Pale Ale
  • US Wheat
  • Saison
  • Kölsch
Partly it's because it's easy to share the ingredients for these which keeps my inventory relatively fresh.

I don't have the facility or inclination to bother with lagering so that's why the Kölsch is there.

I don't like the sweetness of Hefeweizen hence the US wheat. Depending on what I have to hand it might become a witbier with Kölsch or kviek yeast.

The Saison is my kviek brew cos it's hot as balls in Austria in the summer and I've no temp control for fermentation. Also it's a great user upper of leftover stock.

Outside of that I don't experiment much tbh bar adding frozen raspberries to the secondary in the wheat beer.

I wish I could do stout on nitrogen but space/equipment won't allow it. I've tried bottling and the syringe trick but meh.

The non regular brews tend to be Irish Red and American Amber.

Usually try and have English IPA, Porter, a hoppy American Pale and something "European". Could be a wit or a weizen. Last 2 have been a Belgian Pale and a Vienna Lager. Currently fermenting an Altbier.

I don’t have that many that I repeat over and over:
  • Witbier
  • Blonde ale, which I originally named A Classic American Blonde (ACAB for short because it was first brewed for my mate’s stag do, and he’s a policeman)
  • Helles
  • NEIPA but I often change up the hops and yeast

Last edited:
I only have two that I regularly (ie, each year) repeat.

A saison. Simple grist of pilsner + Munich, belle saison and challenger.
Then a rich Belgian abbey beer (Leffe Radieuse clone).

Part of the fun for me is playing with new recipes each time.

On tap at the minute is Saison, Altbier, porter and American amber.
If I could pick the perfect line up. Bitter/Altbier, porter, Belgian pale and west coast IPA. This cover's all bases, backed up with a good stock of bottle conditioned beer. Mainly Belgian and an imperial stout, nice to have variety.
Next brew is a Belgian Wit 👌

A mild hopped with Harlequin, a bitter which keeps changing slightly as I still haven't found the perfect bitter, a GPA- same malt but with different hops and a pale ale, again with different hops, but same malt bill. These get bottled up as The Four Beers of the Apocalypse.

Beers ive brewed most and keep returning to:

-Golden ale with Citra and galaxy (found on Brewfather, search Kona big wave)
-Blonde beer, brewed it a fair few time a la Vacant gesture, but also played round with different hops.
-Oatmeal stout, different recipes, but my favourite is the GH one. Currently have the CML one carbing up so we’ll see how that compares

Beers ive brewed most and keep returning to:

-Golden ale with Citra and galaxy (found on Brewfather, search Kona big wave)
-Blonde beer, brewed it a fair few time a la Vacant gesture, but also played round with different hops.
-Oatmeal stout, different recipes, but my favourite is the GH one. Currently have the CML one carbing up so we’ll see how that compares

What's the recipe for your blonde please moe, been hunting around for something different.

Great thread Rory.

I’m only on AG batch 18 so not much repeating so far although these are the ones I’m mostly experimenting with.

Foxbat’s house bitter - batch 3 fermenting currently - great recipe!
English hopped IPA’s -Fuggles and EKG from the garden plus some with Jester/Olicana/Harlequin
Wheat beers but not tried American versions yet. Two batches of Damson wheat but will stick to Damson wine as it’s a bit marmite
Two batches of Marzen - one kviek one lager yeast, preferred the kviek but both good.

Looking to brew more stouts and not tried any imperial or Belgium styles yet but in planning

Back