The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who will take over?
Hunt, Boris, Rishi, Braverman, Mourdant or the lettuce from the Daily Star webcam?

I wonder who will take over?
Hunt, Boris, Rishi, Braverman, Mourdant or the lettuce from the Daily Star webcam?
Jeremy Twunt has destroyed everything he's touched.
Boris is a pathological liar who's only out for himself. If he's given power back, it may as well be a crown and sceptre because it'll just validate that he can do whatever the **** he wants
Rishi. 🤷‍♀️ I honestly don't know.
Braverman is an ultra-right-wing nationalist, and terrifying.
Mordant: Again, 🤷‍♀️

At the moment, the lettuce is doing the best in the opinion polls!

Once the Tories have ate everything else, they eat themselves.

Good. Hope the Tory party earth is scorched for a generation. Might give us time to (at least try, before any of the "they're all the same" brigade arrive) to create even a tiny shoot of a fairer society. One not built on the foundations of hate, division and selfishness.

A
Mordant: Again,

I have never seen her live and I cannot believe she went before Liz at least she sounds like she knows what she is talking about and she answers all the questions put to her instead of dodging them.

Last edited:

Brady: Candidates for leader will need 100 MP backers​

Sir Graham Brady has announced that nominations for the new Tory leadership contest "are now open".
They'll close at 2pm on Monday, he adds.
Speaking outside Parliament, he says candidates will be expected to have "at least 100" MPs backing them to progress to the next stage.

BBC News,

I have seen some Tory MPs making the argument that as a patriotic party they put country before party and so think there needs to be an election ASAP. And more generally, there's an argument that the Tories are so divided that Starmer is the person commanding the confidence of the biggest single block of MPs and so should be invited to form a minority government.
Say that to the London and ‘red wall’ MPs that got elected for the first time in 2019.

There’s a lot of love for Boris out there.

Say that to the London and ‘red wall’ MPs that got elected for the first time in 2019.

There’s a lot of love for Boris out there.
Well, the red wall MPs are gone at the next election whatever happens.

But although he's a Marmite character who attracts deep love among the faithful, Johnson has never been terribly popular among the voters. He managed to beat a discredited Corbyn and Livingstone, but he's never been up against a real contender, and his net popularity earlier this year was at Corbynesque -50 levels. And that's aside from the fact that he's under investigation by the Commons authorities.

Ultimately I think his casual attitude may cost him the opportunity this time, too busy sunning himself on a beach in the Caribbean whilst the House is sitting, rather than working the tearoom.

On the face of it it has to be Boris, yeah he feck up told lies , but he never really had a chance first the pandemic how would you have handled it think about how you would handled the logistics it is quite scary and he showed a backbone in backing Ukraine from the very first day, i would back Boris against the others and lets not forget he got the torys a massive majority

Last edited by a moderator:
On the face of it it has to be Boris, yeah he feck up told lies , but he never really had a chance first the pandemic how would you have handled it think about how you would handled the logistics it is quite scary and he showed a backbone in backing Ukraine from the very first day, i would back Boris against the others and lets not forget he got the torys a massive majority
Seek help.

Boris coming back would likely trigger a General Election, such is the ill-feeling for him within his own party.

Was it just him that won the majority or was Corbyn just un-electable?

You could also argue that the tories wouldn't be in this mess without partygate.

Anyway, I reckon Sunak will probably be up next with Hunt remaining Chancellor.
Mordant lacks experience and Braverman is nuts

You could also argue that the tories wouldn't be in this mess without partygate.
Partygate wasn't the cause of anything. It was the symptom of BoJo's absent relationship with rules and the truth. There are probably hundreds of similar things we didn't find out about. If partygate didn't happen, something else of an identical nature would have happened sooner or later where he would have been caught out in his lies and forced out of office.

I don't need to seek help and i don't know the feeling for him in his own party as i am not part of it, are you or do you have insider knowledge

One doesn't need insider knowledge. Several have already said they'll quit the party if he comes back. It's self-evident that he's hated as much as he's loved in the Conservative Party. That's problematic for them given their precarious position.

1922 Committee have made it very unlikely anyhow, with the rules they have established for this round of voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back