The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz is in a meeting with the chairman of the 1922 committee (as I type this) I wonder if it may be her last as PM

Streaming live on the BBC site.

Summary

1. Prime Minister Liz Truss is about to give a statement outside No 10 Downing Street
  2. She had been meeting the chairman of the 1922 Committee of backbench MPs as more Tories called for her to quit
  3. Deputy Prime Minister Therese Coffey and Tory party chairman Jake Berry have also been at Downing Street
  4. Truss's premiership came under renewed pressure after the home secretary resigned and a chaotic vote on fracking
  5. More than a dozen Conservative MPs have now publicly called on her to step down - with the number growing by the hour
  6. There was fury on Wednesday evening around the vote and the methods used to get MPs to vote with the government

She has resigned thank God for that.

Only one and a half months in the job, she said she would hit the ground running but it turns out she wasn't the fighter she thought she was.

Truss says she cannot deliver mandate she was elected on

Liz Truss is continuing her statement outside Number 10.
In front of dozens of reporters she says she came into office at a time of "great economic and international instability".
She says she cannot deliver the mandate she was elected on by Tory members and is resigning.

Last edited:
They’ll bring back Boris.

I am praying that happens i don't want them to bring in someone who will over the next two years make them less unelectable than they are now, Boris is the right man for that job ;)

Last edited:
I am praying that happens i don't want them to bring in someone who will over the next two years make them less unelectable than they are now, Boris is the right man for that job ;)
Why not?
Yeah, Gone. After 45 minutes in office! I've spent longer than that on the throne on a good day.

Hunt not running to be PM​

77f1bce6-dad0-484d-8f1e-149180838270.jpg

Nick Eardley
Chief political correspondent

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has confirmed he will not stand to be the next Conservative leader and UK prime minister.
Article share tools

BBC news

Mordaunt will 'keep calm and carry on'​

Commons leader and former Tory party leadership contender Penny Mordaunt says she will "keep calm and carry on" and encourages others to do the same.

BBC News

================

Truss the briefest serving PM in UK history​

Liz Truss has been in office for just 45 days - the shortest tenure of any UK prime minister. The second shortest serving PM was George Canning, who served for 119 days before dying in 1827.
Trouble began when her first Chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, spooked the financial markets with his mini-budget on 23 September.
Since then, Conservative disquiet has morphed into widespread anger within the parliamentary party.
Her stepping down today follows dramatic scenes in the House of Commons last night over a vote on fracking. Calls for her to go kept growing in the hours afterwards.

I‘d be surprised if Boris took the job now with an election defeat probable.
He might just take it give the finger to all those who stabbed him in the back, like most of us he will know they haven't a prayer of getting back in next time so he may as well milk it for two years.

I hope they didn't remove that expensive wallpaper from #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back