The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Robert Peston has summed up our chancellors character.

It’ll be all over social media shortly.

I am 68 years old and, in my time, I have never seen such a st!t show. This government has turned us into a banana republic.
Closest UK ever got to a banana republic was in the 70's under Labour, high unemployment high inflation, industrial action. Kept the Labour party out of office for 18 years.
Going to be interesting to see if Labour can keep the Tories out for a record number of years after the Truss debacle.

He too clever. Even though he's died-in-the-wool Establishment, he said something like, being an MP was damaging his soul. His books are worth reading. Regrettably he hasn't formulated any beer recipes out of Afghan yak's milk.
Yet.
dyed in the wool

Closest UK ever got to a banana republic was in the 70's under Labour, high unemployment high inflation, industrial action. Kept the Labour party out of office for 18 years.
Going to be interesting to see if Labour can keep the Tories out for a record number of years after the Truss debacle.
I was around in the 70's and apart from the unemployment we had all of the above. What we didn't have was 4 chancellors in a few months, other ministers quitting on mass and MPs being manhandled into voting to save the PMs skin and all the other chaotic scenes going on.

Yesterday's vote on fracking was a there line whip and the whips says before the vote that anyone not voting it voting with labour would lose the whip.

Truss forgot to vote during the chaos.

Does this mean the leader of the conservatives is about to get kicked out of the party ?

I was around in the 70's and apart from the unemployment we had all of the above. What we didn't have was 4 chancellors in a few months, other ministers quitting on mass and MPs being manhandled into voting to save the PMs skin and all the other chaotic scenes going on.
You didn't need all that, the Labour Party was managing very well to stuff up the economy without the musical chairs.

Yesterday's vote on fracking was a there line whip and the whips says before the vote that anyone not voting it voting with labour would lose the whip.

Truss forgot to vote during the chaos.

Does this mean the leader of the conservatives is about to get kicked out of the party ?
I've just checked the list. Those who didn't vote include Truss, Nadine Dorres, Kwasi, BoJo, Theresa May. Looking forward to all of those getting kicked out of the party 🤣

We’re not in the 70’s now concentrate on today, this government is shambolic and has to go. Labour will form the next government and will govern with fairness and what is best for all people not just the rich.

We’re not in the 70’s now concentrate on today, this government is shambolic and has to go. Labour will form the next government and will govern with fairness and what is best for all people not just the rich.
As I pointed out in post 577 they will, as all governments are, be a servant of the establishment. Nothing will change if it be Starmer or Burnham. The divide will get wider, especially during a recession.

Agreed, events 50 years ago have very little revelation to the events of the past 6 weeks

Agreed, events 50 years ago have very little revelation to the events of the past 6 weeks
If you had taken the time to look at the post, I was replying to trueblue who stated he hadn't seen such a shambolic mess in 68 years.
Yes but it’s all he can relate to now that the Tories are in such a mess.
The good thing about a brewing forum it provides a fanciful escape to the have not's who think that life isn't fair.

If you had taken the time to look at the post, I was replying to trueblue who stated he hadn't seen such a shambolic mess in 68 years.

The good thing about a brewing forum it provides a fanciful escape to the have not's who think that life isn't fair.
Yes it does but never mind get over it.

Think some of these journo's need to fact check, inflation is no were the highest it has been for 4 decades 1980 it hit 14%
Yes. That was 40 years ago. Hence "it's at it highest in 40 years"

After the departure of Suella Braverman after just 44 days in the job, the new Home Secretary is Grant Shapps who previously pretended to be a "multimillion dollar web marketer" called Michael Green in a dodgy get rich quick scheme flogging content scraping software designed to steal other people's creative content.

Shapps/Green also used the false aliases Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox to recommend this content-stealing software.

Eventually Google cottoned on to what Shapps/Green was up to and began blacklisting any website that used his content-stealing software to generate fake content, meaning if you fell for his dodgy 'get rich quick' scheme and actually paid him money, you'd end up with worse search engine rankings than if you'd done nothing.

An individual like this is clearly unfit to be an MP, let alone the person responsible for overseeing law and order in the UK.

But we live in a country with a completely dysfunctional political establishment, and a complicit media class that outright refuses to properly hold them to account.

I mean if a bone-idle, bigoted, lying, philandering oaf like Boris Johnson, and a vacuous and incompetent dullard like Liz Truss can serve as Prime Ministers, why wouldn't we end up with a former Internet con artist as Home Secretary?

The 80’s weren’t the Tories in power then. You can’t trust the Tories with the economy.
Yes they were i was made redundant twice in 18 months even after taking Norman Tebbits advice and getting on my bike to find work, this was the time i started bending the rules to suit me, i will never forgive the bastards

Latest posts

Back