The lurgey(or man flu if you prefer)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollow Legs

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I have a brew that finished fermenting two days ago and I was going to bottle it tomorrow, I have been given the man flu by my darling wife and was wondering if there would be any issues with bottling it (the brew not the wife)? :whistle:

I use VWP to clean my stuff and videne to sterilise, would you say this is a risk bottling at this stage or should I wait a few more days until the lurgey has cleared, I don't usually come in contact with my brew unless sampling and that is done in a trial jar. :)

Thanks for any serious input

Personally i would wait a couple of days, but i'm a bit ocd with germs :oops:

Hollow Legs said:
Hi guys and gals,

I have a brew that finished fermenting two days ago and I was going to bottle it tomorrow, I have been given the man flu by my darling wife and was wondering if there would be any issues with bottling it (the brew not the wife)? :whistle:

I use VWP to clean my stuff and videne to sterilise, would you say this is a risk bottling at this stage or should I wait a few more days until the lurgey has cleared, I don't usually come in contact with my brew unless sampling and that is done in a trial jar. :)

Thanks for any serious input

I would think it unlikely any infection would be passed on from yourself to your brew. In the same way that there is very little or no chance of getting a yeast infection from the yeast you used in your brew. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back