The Tolerant Spouse (including mine)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I knew but I really have no idea :roll:. Our local beer stores send out emails every Friday with new things they have received, and of course, off I go like Pavlov's dog to get them. Like these from Traquair House, and the Guinness brewery that opened a couple of years ago here in Maryland. (I have a particular weakness for UK beer styles.)

View attachment 21560 View attachment 21561
I have a recipe for that Traquair House Ale, would be interested to know what it is like.

Ahh the wonders of woman.

It is indeed a blessing when the other half gives her consent.

My late father cracked it by turning the house into a winery for her friends.

I think we should all go back to happier times when we could all get" pi(*&ed"

without any one getting uptight about it

Remember "All work and no play makes jack a DULL boy.

I dont intend to be that boy.!!!!!!

My Mrs is a gem, though if stuff gets left around too long it gets tidied up (or should I say rammed) somewhere. Then when I ask her where X is, she uses the opportunity to chastise me for leaving stuff out. asad1 But generally she is tolerant I'd say rather than supportive. No brewing in december thought, its more than my lifes worth. :roll:

She does like a beer or white zinfadel rose when we're out and seriously loves our visits to Vanuxeem. As she also enjoys cheese, fruity beers, krokettes,bitterballen & pancakes I get to visit Belgium on a regular basis without too much complaint. She also like brewdogs patriot burger so I'm lucky there too as we can spend a couple of hours there. Finally she does like about 1/2 of what I brew, preferring fruity snakebites & abbey beers to ipa's.

I've not yet cracked being able to get more time/space to brew at home, but hopefully I'l be going commercial and doing it on premises next year.

Back