Barbenheimer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocAnna

Queen's Knot Brewing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is anyone else giving in to the on trend cinema visiting this week? 🎞️ 👡💄💣🤯 .... I have persuaded my eldest daughter to come along to see Barbie with me early on Wednesday, we then have a 10 minute wee break (literally and figuratively), before my youngest daughter is joining us for Oppenheimer. While my son is keen to do the double as well... he's planning on seeing them with friends instead of family.... I don't think I'm quite cool enough :cool:😄.

He has a point, my worries are DVT risk with sitting so long, lack of exercise, and wondering if it would be too middle aged to take homemade sandwiches with us for lunch? I am definitely not taking any beer in as I'd be asleep well before the end of the first film if I did. I probable will take homemade popcorn though, I really find the price they charge for food in the cinema appalling.

I will wait until it comes out on a streaming service my last visit to a cinema was not good why some people pay to watch a film then mess about is beyond me.

"You are the man that gave them the means to destroy themselves and the world is not prepared"

This is my favourite mashup so far 😍
1690021107976.png

Booked in at 1400 on Monday, saw the trailer when we went to see Indiana Jones, looks brilliant.

Our cinema is great with huge fully reclining chairs and space in between so it’s a good afternoon out with a hotdog and a pint of wife beater.

Very rare these days that I see a film come out thay I genuinely want to see, but Oppenheiner surely can't fail with the cast and director involved....

I really find the price they charge for food in the cinema appalling.
To be fair to them, cinemas don't have much choice - almost all the ticket price goes to the film company so cinemas are really sweet shops that rely on films for footfall, and they were one of the sectors worst hit by lockdown.

I've seen it suggested that you want to do it your way - Barbie then Oppenheimer, rather than the other way round, as Oppenheimer needs some time to think about it - but you're better off seeing them separately just to give them both a fair shout.

I may break my Cinema hiatus to go and see this, i'm 3 parts through a 4 episode podcast about the Manhattan Project so this is quite timely. A fascinating bloke who got a bit of a raw deal as far as I can gather.

To be fair to them, cinemas don't have much choice - almost all the ticket price goes to the film company so cinemas are really sweet shops that rely on films for footfall, and they were one of the sectors worst hit by lockdown.

I've seen it suggested that you want to do it your way - Barbie then Oppenheimer, rather than the other way round, as Oppenheimer needs some time to think about it - but you're better off seeing them separately just to give them both a fair shout.
TBH it was purely the timing of the films that made it Barbie then Oppenheimer. As a med student, I read Richard Fenyman’s account of the Manhattan project, which while a brief part of the book gave some insight to the life on site. (Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!). The film looks to be a far darker take though. I find the science involved in nuclear detonation fascinating, though the mechanics of how to control the reaction in a nuclear reactor is even cleverer.

I probably will take homemade popcorn though, I really find the price they charge for food in the cinema appalling.

I am "go for lunch"* with the sandwiches and the popcorn. To be fair cinema food is overpriced & utter rubbish. Which only leads me to believe I am uncool too.

*sorry tried to hard with that one.

I so want to see Oppenheimer but then I'm a massive fan of everything Christopher Nolan, his films are brilliant.

I don't do the cinema much these days, our front room doesn't have ideal placement for a TV so the "only" solution was to put in a 100" drop down projector screen in front of the folding doors that separate it from our living area along with a projector, 5.1 surround, etc., so watching movies on this is preferable to the cinema. Bonuses are being able to pause for comfort breaks (especially during 3hr epics), cheap beer and food, comfy sofa, no public talking, rustling etc.

However I think this movie really deserves appreciation on an IMAX screen and we have one fairly near. I really wish I'd seen Interstellar that way. Decisions...

Very rare these days that I see a film come out thay I genuinely want to see, but Oppenheiner surely can't fail with the cast and director involved....

It’s a must see. Expensive afternoon though with a pint, hot dog and nachos.

Just out of the marathon of the two films... I did take some home made sandwiches and cans of juice, but had bought popcorn at the shop prior to today instead of making it. No Barbie box to be photographed in so you're all spared that sight of me. I had found a bright pink cardigan and flowery pink and blue butterfly top. My two daughters were also persuaded to get into the pink vibe!

Latest posts

Back