Thoughts of the day......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Wez is wondering why you only realise exactly how much someone means to you when you have to think about them not being there anymore.

If a tree falls in the forest when there's no philospher there to hear it, does anyone give a damn?

Read too much Russell:

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do.

The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.

In reply to WEZ's actual question, It is known that the elder people who loose their spouse to old age tend to follow them very quickly usually with in the 12 months following. Sad fact when my Grandmother passed my Grandfather followed 9 months later of a broken heart. A friend had the same thing happen when their grandfather passed his Grandmother followed 3 months later, This list can go on but dont take people for granted especially thoes close to you as when they are gone you will miss them terribly especially when you have been around them for along time and are really close to them.

to answer the question with reference to my quote, pooh as a Toaist does not believe in death. Yes that consicousness might cease but the essence carries on, and I, as an observer mourn only my loss, which is strange as it is only the changes that person has brought upon me, only their effect on my life that makes me feel this way. The pain I feel is the memory of them or to be more precise their shaping of me, that will never leave me, they are always with me as they forged the person that I am.

so back to the quote and the riddle of life, Wez's question seemed rhetorical and self reflecting in which case the obvious answer is the true one, except sometimes people deny it.

Only the veiws of the beer holder

Latest posts

Back