Tinned peaches as an addition to Wine #1

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Regular.
Reaction score
I saw a recipe that adds two tins of peaches to wine number one to the primary. Has anyone tried this? How do I add the peach?

Also going to try one with the addition of the juice from some tinned gooseberries at the end of the ferment. Another tested recipe from the same source.

Thanks

Leo

I considered doing this but haven't got round to it yet. I was planning to blitz the peaches in a blender and add them to the DJ with everything else. There could be a lot of sediment at the end and you might have to strain it if the peaches don't all sink, which is fiddly, but it could be tasty wine!

I used tinned peaches and just whizzed them in a blender and chucked them in at the beginning. Made for loads of sediment, but as it was a 25lt brew it wasn't a problem. I just added 1lt WGJ into the secondary to make up for the volume loss. The wine tasted nice though. :thumb: I have done that with mangoes as well and they turned out good too.

Hi guys Im sure that you can add tinned peaches, the caution that I would add is that when I have made wine from peach or appricot juice there has been a truly HUGE amount of sedement and it has taken for ever to get remotely clear.

Latest posts

Back