Leffe Blonde clone: experience of using cloves and vanilla?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea brewer

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm now on my 3rd BIAB batch, learning fast and loving the hobby. My first batch is a passable attempt at a single hopped Kent pale ale, despite the emergency deployment of bread yeast! I'm attempting a Leffe Blonde clone because one of my relatives really rates it. After following the basic recipe from the Malt Miller (that suggested coriander as an addition) I've taken a closer look at Leffe bottles and found that the ingredients include subtle amounts of cloves and vanilla. Does anyone have experience of adding these two flavours? How much should I add (I'm on day 2 in the fermenter so was going to do a day 4 addition)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
My saison had coriander seed and Paradise seeds in the boil.And my leffe clone had no other additions apart from candy sugar, again In the boil.
Too late for you but FYI

Last edited:
Which recipe are you using for this? Do like a Leffe Blonde myself.

Got a Beavertown Neck Oil clone preparing now, but Leffe could be a good one for the festive period.

Got a Beavertown Neck Oil clone preparing now, but Leffe could be a good one for the festive period.

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/belgian-blonde-leffe-clone/
This is the one I’m following but with Belgian Abbey yeast. Am using rudimentary plastic brewing vessels and BIAB as it’s my 3rd brew. I’ll let you know how it goes. Will start sampling the bottles from end of Oct.

How did it go? My Neck oil turned out great, after letting it age for about 8 weeks in a cold room. Now looking for ideas, and I reckon this might hit the spot.

Latest posts

Back