To stir or not to stir?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, it is going through my mind. I just wonder what the risk of infection might be, and whether it’s taking the chance.

I have to say, it is going through my mind. I just wonder what the risk of infection might be, and whether it’s taking the chance.
That is the worry, I still think I personally would stir, but I'd wash, sanitise, sterilise, sanitise and sterilise EVERYTHING that got near the open fermenter and have it open for a short a time as possible. Still a risk though!

It’s an interesting concept isn’t it. I can’t see it being drinkable in a week, but I’ve never done a kit before.
Mind you, I was surprised in terms of the content.

I expected all sorts of bits and bobs, not sure what, but it’s just a gallon of juice, yeast, Chitosan and stabiliser.

Anyway, let’s see!

I expected all sorts of bits and bobs, not sure what, but it’s just a gallon of juice, yeast, Chitosan and stabiliser.

Well I guess wine should be simple. Grapes, water and the french farmer to work a bit of magic and that was that :cool:

buddsy

Im fairly certain the regular application of heat by the fermenter will cause convection currents which will help to get everything mixed. I know from the characteristics of the heating/cooling overshoots of my GF30 that both create significant convection in the wort (or must).

Latest posts

Back