to sweet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimmy

Reaction score
hi all. had my coopers European heritage larger in a fv for 2 weeks and then in bottles for 2 weeks. I used 1500 kg of light spray malt, then after 2 weeks primed the 23 ltrs with 180g of priming sugar mixed with a little hot water and added to the 2nd fv then bottled. I decided to try a bottle last night. it had a great head and pleanty bubbles but was v sweet? it works out at 5.6 abv. will this sweet taste go if I leave it longer?

Hopefully you checked the final gravity and found it the same for 3 days? If not you make have made a crate of bottle bombs!
If the gravity was consistent and around 1012 (?) then the sweetness is a feature you will have to get used to. It won't go away.

damn it I didnt check it for 3 days but I thought I wouldnt have to because id left it in the fv for over 2 weeks :( . my mate also did a larger and his was the same v sweet. aw well u live and learn. dnt think I will do a larger again and will stick to ale. my dockland porter has now been in the fv for 2 weeks, this time I will check the gravity :D . got high hopes for this. the instructions say to use light spray malt instead of priming sugar? but all I have is dark spry malt so im going to use that :wha: . anyways the larger is still ok will still drink it :cheers:

Latest posts

Back