Todays Brew day went out of the window

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today's Brew day went out of the window as I decided to have a spring clean and a reorganisation of the brewery.

I don't use my big rig enough and have had that much **** piled up in the garage I decided its about time I cleared it all up.

Here are some work in progress Photo's

Brewery now easy to access, Now it just needs insulating and prettying up

ec421444.jpg

The beer Conditioning (supply) area, you can just see connie sitting to the left The big sheet of silver stuff is for insulating her.

554cafec.jpg

A drawer of golden bars, (my freezer won't take any more hops)
a4d04311.jpg

More progress to follow in the new year.

UP

Nice to see the sterile :rofl: :rofl: conditions UP. I have managed to have a tidy of my brewery well my framing workshop. 3500sqft needs tidying and junk cleared out. All I have managed to do is brush the floors. I need to sort out my bottle store though it is a bit of a mess. :lol: :lol:
IMG00042-20101228-1518.jpg

IMG00043-20101228-1518.jpg

This lot are going to the bottle bank....

When I get round to loading the van.

Cheers

AG

Selection of bottles ready to be delabelled and sanitised :?
f2b2a70e.jpg

I decided connie need some stilts to make racking easier, I plan on filling a couple of firkins so needed some more room under her, she is now all grown up with slender pins and comes out at 6 foot 5 inches :shock:
d8693e5b.jpg

Now to insulate her and add a coolant coil and a heater.

UP

Well done Up. :clap: :clap:

I've still got a load of bottles to de-label and clean and I hope I will be getting another couple of hundred in the new year if the local theatres panto is well atended.

AG

Those pictures made me feel much less guilty about my "condition" :lol:

I decided its about time I cleared it all up
Me to :oops: I was doing a Big Kenny today with my pilot brewery set up, my excuse for not being able to get to the "real thing" like you UP. Anyway whilst crouching to ?iss about with the pid in the heated cupboard I suddenly noticed there was more steam and wet about than usual then I noticed the floor. :shock: I had knocked open the tap on the boiler that was in the early stage of being filled from the mash tun. :eek: :) :evil: :twisted:
Don't know how much I lost but I ended up with 1040 instead of 1050 :oops: :eek: :twisted: :evil:
I am a lesser man than you pair, thought I would take a pic as a warning to others, but didn't have the balls for it. :oops:
Anyway I promised myself that I will not brew again until I have had a tidy up, might post pics then. :)
Mrs S is at work tomorrow so I might go for it and do another brew, never done three in a row. :hmm:
S
P.S. do you want a hand tidying your freezer UP :lol:

Springer said:
P.S. do you want a hand tidying your freezer UP :lol:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

It's my hoard not yours, I keep buying them cos they are selling em off cheap, they are still about 25p a pkt dearer than some dealers on the net but, i can just pick up 5pkts for a tenner, and don't have to worry about postage, so can't help myself.

UP

Shane
I seem to remember when I went to your brew day, the garage space was a lot bigger than you've shown in your pix.
Just wondering how much disarray you're not showing. :evil:
Sure you are not going to hire a skip as mentioned in chat? :whistle:

Hire a skip: Cheeky Bugger, :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :( It has taken about 4 full days over the past few months to get it as tidy as it is now, what with 500miles a week commuting and 10hr+days at work I don't have the drive to get things done at home that I used to.

It wont be long before it is fit for a king in there, though I am just a slow mover on all things house related.

Oh & It still is quite a large garage, the new shelving, has really made it look smaller than it is.

There is a modicum of disarray still but 1/2 day this weekend will sort that out.
:x

:D
UP

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Thought you might say something like that :lol:
5pkts for a tenner
Need to get my nose to the ground in then :lol:
Any chance of a PM to put me in the right direction ;)

Only managed to get half those bottles I am throwing out in the van, another load tonight. Today I am going to tidy up the good bottles into boxes and put them to one side. The problem with my workshop is I have 1500sq. ft of mezzanine and everyone and his dog asks me to store things for a "few weeks". Then they keep on coming back with more!!!

SWMBO is not much better I have got every size of childs car seat from 0 - 7 yrs two of each, old telly, lawn mower, wheelbarrow, Thousands of pounds worth of kids toys. SWMBO threatens to put them on ebay or go to a car boot, but never does, out of site out of mind.

The rest of the workshop is relatively tidy.

Anyway good luck you two and I want photographic evidence from you evanvine of a tidy or messy brewery, you need to man up or tidy up :rofl: :rofl:.

Cheers

Alistair

every size of childs car seat from 0 - 7 yrs two of each,

:lol:
Not got anything like that in storage, except maybe a full set of girls bikes from O - Adult, last one never used :evil: :lol:
I don't think kid have bikes like they used to, :shock: :(
Must go and get on tidying up to do :lol:

We had car seats for our car and the in laws, seems a shame to chuck them but not even charity shops want them.

:cheers:

AG

Good On you I will now take a foto when the bottlestore is tidy.

:thumb:

AG

well done that man :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap:

I like the cupboard with the pipettes sample jars and other glassware, worthy of a true alchemist I think.

I have just finished my bottle/aged wine/ packaging /Kids transportation/gallery store will take some pics when I can work out the blackberry. :lol: :lol:

AG

Springer said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Thought you might say something like that :lol:
5pkts for a tenner
Need to get my nose to the ground in then :lol:
Any chance of a PM to put me in the right direction ;)
Malt miller does hops under 2 quid 100g these Were from brewshop in burton all @ bb4 date but all in perfect conditiOn

Up

Latest posts

Back