Tommy Robinson charged after attending antisemitism march in London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Mr Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon but if he wasn't doing anything illegal i dont understand how they could arrest him surely attending is not against the law (yet)

1701186516617.png

Tommy Robinson has been charged after attending a rally against antisemitism in central London.

Organisers estimated 100,000 people took part in Sunday's march, said to be the first of its kind since the Israel-Gaza war began.
The English Defence League founder had been asked not to attend by organisers and was arrested by police.
He has been charged with failing to comply with an order excluding him from the area of the march, the Met said.
The 40-year-old, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon, has been bailed and is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 22 January.
Mr Robinson was arrested near the Royal Courts of Justice in London, from where the demonstration began on Sunday, after organisers said he would not be welcome at the event.
The Met Police said: "A man has now been charged in connection with this incident.
"Stephen Lennon, of Bedfordshire, has been charged with failing to comply with a Section 35 direction excluding a person from an area."

BBC News.

I totally agree with the spirit of your post Chippy, and i think it is very questionable in a free country whether someone can be told they cannot be in a certain place at a certain time when the rest of the population are indeed allowed.

The technocratic answer to your question is that there is a law that allows the police to serve a notice on him to enforce this. And his arrest and charge was around the breach of that notice.

I see, I didn't know the police had warned him I had only read -

"The English Defence League founder had been asked not to attend by organisers and was arrested by police"

Yet Muslim hate preachers are on the street doing their thing as the po po are **** scared of arresting them.

This country wants turning off and back on again.
Who?

Abu Hamza was deported.
Anjem Choudary went to jail, and probably will do again shortly.
Zakir Naik wasn’t allowed in to the country in the first place.

Who is on the street doing their thing?

I will only say that any hate should be punished . Be it your Abu Hamza or Tommy Robinson!
Tommy is the first to kick out people and eat a curry. Abu is the first to profit thanks to the system

Who?

Abu Hamza was deported.
Anjem Choudary went to jail, and probably will do again shortly.
Zakir Naik wasn’t allowed in to the country in the first place.

Who is on the street doing their thing?

This came up in my YouTube feed only last week. Probably plenty of other sources on the web.

Interesting non of them wanted to be interviewed and one has been banned from speaking.

How can four of the police forces this has been reported to say they don't think any laws have been broken is it more a case of the are scared to do anything?

“No crimes committed”

WTF? If that was Tommy Robinson speaking, laws would have definitely been broken.

It stinks.

Court "Order" presumably?

I am sure if it was a court order they would have loved to tell us in the article but their only reference was -

The English Defence League founder had been asked not to attend by organisers and was arrested by police.
He has been charged with failing to comply with an order excluding him from the area of the march, the Met said.

It seems this is within police powers. It is "an order" not just "oi you hoppit"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201-163608_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201-163608_Google.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
The Metropolitan Police said that the 40-year-old, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon, is accused of failing to comply with a direction to leave an area and will appear in court on January 22.

Robinson was arrested near the Royal Courts of Justice in London, from where the demonstration began on Sunday, after organisers said he would not be welcome at the event.

Police said on Monday: “A man has now been charged in connection with this incident.

“Stephen Lennon, of Bedfordshire, has been charged with failing to comply with a section 35 direction excluding a person from an area.

“He has been bailed to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on January 22.”

Officers sprayed Robinson with synthetic pepper spray and handcuffed him as he was arrested at the event.

He uploaded a video of himself with partially closed eyes to social media after the confrontation.

Other footage of him arguing with police officers was also posted on his X account, with Robinson claiming to be present as a journalist at the march.

Following his release from custody, he claimed that bail conditions preventing him from entering London or taking part in protests were “a blatant abuse of my human rights”.

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/new...d-criminal-offence-arrest-antisemitism-march/

It seems this is within police powers. It is "an order" not just "oi you hoppit"

You beat me to it ;)

So the police can now tell you to leave an area and if you dont its lock up time, will they be doing this to those protesters that like to glue themselves to the main roads and disrupt our lives?

Latest posts

Back