Tonoko-Brew York beer clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Orange

Reaction score
Hi All.

Im pretty new to the AG brewing game but just about assembled enough equipment to give it a shot.

Over summer a few friends and I visited 2 breweries in York. At Brew York we were given a sample of an amazing milk stout called Tonoko, which I had never tasted anything like before.

So I am now here asking if anyone can help take the ingredients for this recipie off Brew Yorks website and give me a recipie for a 5 gallon batch.

https://brewyork.co.uk/beer/tonkoko/

Kindly they share all the ingridience but if you have any expertice in this area then please let me know.

Info from website:
  • Malts: Maris Otter, Light Crystal, Roasted Barley, Chocolate Malt, Flaked Barley, Dark Crystal
  • ABV: 4.3%
  • Kettle Hops: Columbus (US) - Bittering
  • Other Ingredients: Hand-toasted coconut, Belgian Cacao Nibs, Madagascan Vanilla and Tonka Beans, Lactose
Many thanks

Brew York is my local (I'm a very lucky man) and we have our Homebrew Club there. The owners used to be in our homebrew club before turning pro.

I can tell you that a LOT of hand toasted coconut goes in that beer and they still do it by hand on small trays in the oven!

The Imperial version of the beer is quite something.

Thanks braziliain.

I guess its not easy to make such a coconutty bear.

You are very lucky to have them as your local.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back