Too strong?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfhorse

Reaction score
Hello all - newbie here looking for some advice please.

I came across a recipe that suggested using four litres of supermarket juice to brew a gallon of wine and I now have two djs on the go. One has 3l of apple juice and 1l of red grape juice and the other has 4l of red grape juice.

I added enough sugar to give around 1150g in each dj which should give an osg of about 1.080.

Having looked at the recipes in the WOW section it would suggest I'm on couse for an alcopop. Should I water it down or do you think it will turn out ok? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Pete

Could you not split between 3djs and top up all three with water, that's what I would do.

Could you not split between 3djs and top up all three with water, that's what I would do.

That's a good idea but I'm hoping someone will tell me that the wines will be ok as they are. I may wait some time:-)

That's a good idea but I'm hoping someone will tell me that the wines will be ok as they are. I may wait some time:-)[/

You're right mate, no rush.
I'm on my first WOW variant myself so am learning bits as I go:-?

A WOW using
2x 1ltr grape(mixed red/white), apple,rasberry. 55%,30%,15% ...morrisons £1 each..
0.5 ltr apple 100%
700g sugar. total to 1050g including juices.
usual other bits, pect.yeast.nutrient.glycerine.
Racked into another pet dj yesterday to get rid of the fluffy bits and crud, was 0.998 so just about right I think. Need to get some campden tabs tomorrow to do a final rack into another dj and stabilize then hope it clears before bottling.

I have made various WOW`s and myself and the wife like our wines that taste of the original ingredients, Cherry, Grape, Pomegranate etc, at the end of the day its what you prefer, some wine makers like watery wines some like strong head-banging wine as i say its all down to personal taste.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back