total noob question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GliddosVinos

Reaction score
Been reading up on the WOW that everyone raves about here

The ingreadients posted in the thread to make it says: -

1 litre White Grape Juice
1 litre Orange Juice, no bits, budget brands are fine
around 800g Sugar
1 tsp Pectolase - see below
Tannin - see below
1 tsp Glycerine (optional)
Yeast & Nutrient

Here comes the noob part ......

I can swap out either the grape juice or the orange juice for any other juice cant i??

Meaning that if i wanted to do a grape wine from carton juice i use 2 x 1 liter cartons of white grape juice and leave out the orange!?? right?

Also wondering how a grape carton wine compares to ones where you crush your own grape? i guessing its tasting very samey just the satisfaction in the pulping and the work you put in

What other variations work out to taste awesome?

Thanks for indulging my noobness'es :whistle:

You can swap out the juices for pretty much any other juice, there's a thread about it

Carton grape juice is not made from wine grapes, so there is a bug difference in taste between crushed wine grapes and grape juice in cartons. If you crush your own grapes that you buy from the supermarket, I'd imagine it would taste very similar to the carton stuff.

Duncs said:
Carton grape juice is not made from wine grapes.

Which is why there's other juice than grape in the recipe.
Carton grape juice needs some help

In all my wow variants (see thread in my signature below) i always use one litre of white grape juice or one litre of red grape juice, i then add one litre of another juice if it is 100% juice or two litres if it is less than 50% juice.
Always check there is no preservatives in the juice as it kills the yeasties.

Latest posts

Back