Tribute

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyv

Regular.
Reaction score
Loved this beer when I was staying in Cornwall earlier in the year so managed to dig around and get most of the information to put together a recipe. The hops are written on the bottle but I've made up the hop schedule.

For 23l @ 70% efficiency:

OG: 1046

4kg Maris Otter Malt
1kg Munich Malt (which is what their 'Cornish Gold' malt actually is)

10 IBU Fuggles 90 min
12 IBU Williamette 90 min
4 IBU Fuggles 15 min
5 IBU Williamette 15 min

Handful of Styrian Goldings at flame out/80 degrees

Brew at your own risk as my attempt is still in the FV :) I'll post again when it's drinkable :drink:

Nice one JV, Tribute is a lovely pint :cheers:

Added to the to brew list :cool:

I brewed this on Sunday and pitched it onto an S04 cake. I checked it yesterday afternoon and it'd fermented out to 1.010 in less than 24 hours :eek:

The yeast certainly has some cleaning up to do flavour-wise.

S04 never ceases to amaze me with it's hunger for wort.

Thanks for reminding me to look at this! It's been kegged a while and went into the serving fridge last week... I've just drawn half a pint off and clearly I've not been watching the pressure in the keg - "witch's tit" comes to mind.

I'll let you know in a few days time when it's carbonated a little more ;)

I'm having some sealing issues on the corni keg which is housing the Tribute.

I think there's a small leak somewhere as I'm gassing up the keg & it's flat by the evening - I can't hear gas escaping and the lid's sealed ok :hmm: Must be one of the posts.

I'll sort it out tonight and will hopefully have a verdict on this brew soon :cool:

The jury is still out on this one.

It smells of PVA glue - which is odd. Tastes fine but very strange aroma. I think I'll leave this for a while longer :hmm:

This was due to be poured down the sink yesterday - however the bottles have turned out well :cheers:

They've cleared (no sign of chill haze either :party:) and they're tasting like a refreshing pale ale. I may end up keeping this until next summer (
eusa_liar.gif
) as it'd be delicious served slightly colder.

I've not checked the full keg though - maybe it was dodgy sanitising of the keg that's done that one in.

Latest posts

Back