Leffe Radieuse Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been in a corny for about a month now and I was minded to ask..... what temperature should one 'age' / condition?
I found that it was best aged at least a month, and got marginally better seen aged 3-6 months. I can't say I noticed it getting better after that. The original recipe/thread said to age for at least 5 months. My latest batch will be aged for at least 6 months before I open it up

As for temperature, I kept it warm (inside the house) for the first 3 weeks in the bottle. Probably 21-23 degrees as you'll still get some fermentation character from the yeast. After that, I would say keep it at cellar temperatures, but I'm just guessing at that point because the only option I have is to keep it in the garage

This is good news..... I had it for a week / 10 days at ambient garage temps, which was actually pretty warm, and then its been at 10c in the fridge since then - so that's pretty much as you suggest. Thank you.

I'm getting through this, although still have a fair few litres left which with any luck will last through til Christmas as the father-in-law will be over and he likes a beer.

I dont know why, but the keg beer tastes nicer than the bottled version. The only difference being it had priming sugar and two weeks at room temp to carbonate. These are a little harsher - they have a bit of alcohol heat.

Distinct flavours of caramel / toffee on both - not very belgian-y. But I've never had a Radieuse, so I don't really know what it's supposed to taste like.

@Agentgonzo I would be willing to do a swap in lieu of you getting your brew on whenever

@Agentgonzo I would be willing to do a swap in lieu of you getting your brew on whenever
Having seen loads of posts about glass being broken, I only send out plastics.

I don't have any left in plastic and my stocks are quite low. But I might do another brew early in the year, so will be happy to send one out to you then.

Happy to accept a bottle and give feedback at any point!

Having seen loads of posts about glass being broken, I only send out plastics.

I don't have any left in plastic and my stocks are quite low. But I might do another brew early in the year, so will be happy to send one out to you then.

Happy to accept a bottle and give feedback at any point!
@Agentgonzo
I think there is enough left after Xmas and the father in law, so if you PM me your addr I will get a bottle to you.
Cheers

Back