tripple tyke export ale.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
Put one of these new bulldog brew kits on last weekend,should be finished by now,but hydrometer reading about 1020 ish.gonna give it another few days and do another reading.Anyone got any experienc :!: e of these kits.Smells great!

Sounds like it might be stuck. Give it a stir to rouse the yeast and get it moving. What temp is it at?

No idea what it'll taste like, sorry.

Cheers johnny,just given it a stir now,temps about 23,difficult to get it any cooler where I have to brew.If it is stuck,I aint binning it,I had to do that with a partial extract a few months back and it broke my soul!Gonna be checking the airlock every 5mins :doh: now

gingerhammer said:
Put one of these new bulldog brew kits on last weekend,should be finished by now,but hydrometer reading about 1020 ish.gonna give it another few days and do another reading.Anyone got any experienc :!: e of these kits.Smells great!
My triple tykes was stuck at 1020 after almost three weeks so I just bottled it. Not tried it yet though.

gingerhammer said:
Thank god Im not alone!Try one no :drink: w and let us all in if its a goer or not!!!!!
I'll dig one out and get back to you in a couple of days.

It was bottled on may 16th so maybe a bit too early yet? We'll see.

gingerhammer said:
Thank god Im not alone!Try one no :drink: w and let us all in if its a goer or not!!!!!

Just poured myself a pint but like I suspected, it hasn't had enough time in the bottle as it's pretty much as flat as Naomi Campbell's biffin plate.

The beer tastes nice enough, but it does need probably another month, I think.

I know hydrometer readings don't lie and science is science and all that, but I've had brews before that have finished on 1020, and once I've got over the initial panic and just got stuck into the beer, it still got me as ****** as all my other brews and tasted every bit as good. Go figure.

Latest posts

Back