TT Landlord.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One of my all-time favourite beers and one i regularly drink.

I wasn't aware it had won so many awards and had been around so long.

10 years later -

One of my all-time favourite beers and one i regularly drink.

I wasn't aware it had won so many awards and had been around so long.

10 years later -

Timothy Taylors are unusual in that they use a malt variety that many other brewers (maybe no other commercial brewers?) use i.e. Golden Promise that has a characteristic clean taste with hints of biscuit and honey - very distinctive and very nice

Magic beer, I always think it's different now to how it was when I first started drinking all those years ago. But we know that wagon wheels get smaller with time ( although they deny any size change).
Some great youtube videos on the brewery and their process.

IMG_20221105_122952398.jpg

Easy choice with a steak sandwich.
Lovely

If you use the Yorkshire yeast from Whitelabs or Wyeast you can make a very good clone.

The character of any beer is determined by its yeast and with Landlord the yeast is crucial finished beer. Unless you can get some yeast directly from the brewery Whitelabs and Wyeast Yorkshire yeast are the nearest you will get, reputedly derived from the brewery yeast. Brewlabs Yorkshire yeast may be an option but personally I have never tried it.

I made the dark rock landlord part grain tribite kit yesterday, yeast was so4.

I would ask for my money back. It is hard to make any decent beer with SO-4 let alone a premium beer like Landlord. Water treatment is also relevant with this beer. Most pale ales tend to have a 2:1 sulphate:chloride ratio Landlord is 1:2.

I would ask for my money back. It is hard to make any decent beer with SO-4 let alone a premium beer like Landlord. Water treatment is also relevant with this beer. Most pale ales tend to have a 2:1 sulphate:chloride ratio Landlord is 1:2.
First time making it, so if it turns out like a nice session ale I'll be happy. Never used s04 before so it's all in the name of experimenting.

What’s the water profile?

Back