Tubby Shaw - A Dace Twirls More (Forum Brew)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
IMG_0082.jpg

I was lucky enough to be given a bottle of "A Dace Twirls More" by Tubby Shaw, it's been sat in my beer fridge for a few weeks .. until tonight.

These are my notes and thoughts:

Only a slight hiss upon opening.
Nice fresh hop aroma from the neck of the bottle.
The beer didn't form much of a head at all, but was carbonated well and perfectly clear.
Deep golden colour.
The beer had a good mouthfeel & body and was well balanced, the bitterness level was spot on for the beer IMO.
Lovely citrus hop flavour - loads of it - was this all Cascade TS?
Nice dry finish with lingering bitterness.

I really enjoyed this beer, after a hard day it was a welcome reward to sit outside and enjoy it. It's a real thirst quencherand a beer that I'd like to brew myself. I didn't pick up any off flavours at all - and I was trying after he slated my Big Kenny :grin:

Hats off Tubby, this beers is a good one!

Will be interested to hear the thoughts of other recipients of this beer.

Glad you liked it Wez :D

I'm glad it cleared :oops:
In answer to your question not a single Cascade in the brew, it was bittered with Magnum, Fuggles as flavour hops and Styrian Goldings for aroma.
Did you pick up any caramel notes as 3L of the first runnings were condensed down to 750ml and added back to the main boil.

Great picture btw :thumb:

:nono: :roll: :roll:

Thats a crock of... xxxx

Hmm, I'm worried about your photography posts now! :lol: :thumb:

You should have gone to specsavers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb:

(edit......this is a joke :thumb: )

I too have received a bottle of this from Tubby, and thought I'd throw my opinion in too...

P1010075.JPG

Unlike Wez's bottle, mine had quite a lot of fizz when I opened her up. I should have bourne this in mind when pouring, as the head immediately filled half of the pint glass! Some slow pouring later (over the sink), I was met with most of a glass of very promising beer.

The Styrians made the beer smell lovely and fresh.
The beer was a lovely golden colour and reasonably clear.
To my untrained tongue (re: beer!!) it's flavour was very nice but was slightly overshadowed by the bitterness - I think I'm beginning to learn that I'm a bit of a bitterness wuss!

Having said that, I really enjoyed the beer. Thanks very much to TS for supplying it :thumb:

edit: Sorry! THBF glass in the dishwasher!!

Back