Previous Forum Lurker

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBankBrewery

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve recently joined this forum after lurking in the background and reading about everyone’s beer exploits so I thought I’d better introduce myself! I’m a kit brewer for my sins, mainly due to time and space but also ease if I’m honest. I’ve been experimenting with some styles new to me recently sine my tastebuds took me down the IPA route. MJ pink grapefruit IPA was nice, MJ Simcoe IPA was fantastic but a little too bitter for my brewing counterpart father in law. This lockdown I’ve done a cider...from real pressed apples not store bought juice, half back sweetened with artificial sweetener and half still in the DJ with foraged blackberries, hoping for a dark fruits hint. And a MJ Helles Lager, not a fan of that one, maybe I messed it up somewhere along the line but it was thin and flavour was short lived in the mouth.

Ive currently got a Woodford’s Nelsons revenge in the brew fridge and that is completely un molested and a bulldog Raja Reward that was a last minute buy after deciding that the Evil Dog was going to be a little too strong ABV wise. After reading many poor reviews of Rajas revenge I’ve decided to tweak it a bit. 500g light DME added on day two and I’ve got some hops on the way too for a heavy dry hop of chinook. Hoping to make it a bit more AIPA ish

Anyway, that’s me. I’ll post updates and start a brew thread when I can, I’ll share pics of my brew shed and warming cupboard that I use to secondary/prime bottles for carbing and look forward to chatting with some of you on here.

Cheers 🍻

Back