Tube Heater Kaput.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Luckily I glanced at the Inkbird whilst out in the garage getting something or other, my current brew had dropped to 16°C but the heat LED was solidly on. The alarm was set for 15°C but I'm not sure I'd hear it out there anyway.

Swapped the fermenter to my second brew fridge which was fortunately empty at the time so no harm done.

Plugged the tube heater straight into the socket and no heat. Multimeter shows an open circuit which would suggest it has burnt out internally.

Think it's around 4 years old but not exactly been used continuously. Would have expected it to last a bit longer. Running an identical one in the other fridge that's older (tempting fate here!).

Anyone else had one die or am I just unlucky?

Yeah I had one give up...two weeks after the year warranty. I took it back to Tool Station but they wouldn't give me a new one...they would have inside the 12 months.

I had one fail the second or third time I used it. I returned it to the seller for a replacement with no problem. The replacement has been fine ever since, may be four or five years.

Bought a not so cheap one at first a few years ago and that's not working now but the cheepo one I bought not long after is still ok(for now).

Latest posts

Back